.55 - summer gala

J U L Y   1 9 9 6

The summer gala Evelyn told Fred about the night the two had first kissed arrived. She was in a floral white gown, flowers engraved on the fabric. Fred wore an emerald green silk suit Evelyn paid for which he appreciated dearly. The two looked like a celebrity couple on a magazine. Simply perfect despite their flaws. The two arrived at the Manor and began to the doors. It was even more awkward for Evelyn as Sirius Black had died the past month, which he was technically her first cousin, once removed. She felt bad for his death as he was a good person but felt even more bad for Harry Potter himself.

"Be a gentlemen." Evelyn told Fred with a shaky tone as they began up the steps. "Don't deny any girl a dance and say nothing on your last name. Kiss a girls hand when you introduce yourself and if you do drink make sure to only be tipsy at the end of the night."

"I'll be fine, Evelyn." Fred laughed her rules off as they met the doors. "Your simply worried."

"I'm really not." Evelyn straightened Fred's collar and tie before thinking of knocking. "These people aren't just friendly neighbors. They have killed people and won't think twice when seeing you let alone me."

She slid her wand out of her pocket and flicked it toward Fred's hair, making it a dark brunette. Fred tried looking up to see it but eventually settled on finding a mirror. Evelyn straightend her gown before knocking with the snake door knocker. Evelyn took a deep breath, a shaky exhale leaving her before the door opened to show Narcissa.

"Evelyn! You came." Narcissa greeted in a sexy black dress. She opened her arms and hugged Evelyn but Fred noted that Evelyn barely embraced her. "You look very pretty. This must be your boyfriend. Draco's told us about him." Narcissa looked Fred up and down in a slight disgust.

"He won't mention his last name. I changed his hair already. It'll be fine." Evelyn whispered to her mother before Narcissa allowed them inside.

Fred was amazed at the home and how grand it was. Lucius was to the side with a glass of wine looking over the two. He smiled at Evelyn and held out a hand. Evelyn placed her hand into his and her father brought it up to kiss it. The kiss lasted a few seconds as the two stared at one another before he let the two leave.

"Wait, can I see your bedroom?" Fred whispered to Evelyn as he was ever so curious on what it looked like.

"In a bit. Let's just walk around then we can." Evelyn nodded and the two entered the ballroom. It had a chandelier hanging from the top and was filled with people dressed in every color. All but red.

Evelyn walked to a table and poured both of them a glass of wine. She drank hers quickly and placed the glass on a butlers tray as he passed.

"Your sure your not stressed?" Fred asked worriedly as he held his full glass of wine which he then sipped. "You seem like it."

"I'm fine. Just needed a bit of wine to calm me down." Evelyn flattened her hair as a dance began. The couple sat back and watched silently. Fred held Evelyn's hand behind her body which seemed to make her relax. After the dance ended Evelyn took Fred's hand and silently let him back to the grand staircase. They ascended and Fred soon caught on they were going to her bedroom. "Ready?" Evelyn asked as she held her back to the door. Fred nodded eagerly and peered inside as she opened the door.

The warm string lights from years ago were now taken down from the ceiling and in a pile on the floor. The queen bed against the wall had a green comforter and a white fluffy blanket over it. There was a plain black dresser and an bookcase that held dusty books. What was new was a wardrobe. Fred walked over to it and opened it to find corsets, dresses, heels, ribbons, and other things.

"No wonder you hate it here. Your room fucking sucks." Fred snorted as Evelyn rolled her eyes and sat on the cushioned bay window.

"Thank you for that." Evelyn hummed whilst Fred walked over to her. He bent down to kiss her but it wasn't very long. He pulled away and asked for the restroom which Evelyn gave him directions for.

Fred didn't go to the bathroom. He went down the grand steps and found Lucius standing alone as he sipped a glass of what looked to be vodka. Fred met him at the end and cleared his throat before speaking.

"I'd like to ask for your blessing, sir." Fred straightened his back and continued. "To marry Evelyn. Not soon but I will ask her eventually."

"Why do you need my blessing? You'll do it anyways." Lucius sneered, looking the boy up and down.

"I will propose to her no matter your response." Fred responded proudly. "I've found it's simply polite to ask for the Father's blessing."

"It is not polite to marry the girl even when refused a blessing." Lucius snapped back quickly.

"I'm not that polite." Fred laughed. "Now, give me a yes or a no. Sir."

"It has been and always will be a no." Fred only smiled at this, expecting the answer. Truly he did want to ask him but not to be polite. Just to rub it in his face that his daughter loved a blood traitor.

"There you are!" Evelyn called out making both of them look at her as she ran down the steps in her dress. "I see you and Lucius have met one another. I believe you know we're dating, right?"

"Sadly." Lucius rolled his eyes like a teenager making Evelyn roll her own. "I can't believe you are dating a blood traitor. Your no longer a daughter of mine. You really never have been."

She said nothing in return before grabbing Fred's hand and dragging him out of the Manor. it was now pouring rain and lightning struck the skies while thunder followed. The two walked out to the gates of Malfoy Manor and simply stood there.

Silently Evelyn took Fred's tie and brought him down to a kiss. Fred was surprised but allowed it to happen. He held her jawline as the two's outfits were soaked. His tongue slid in her mouth forcefully as Evelyn moaned at the feeling. Fred continued this before he pulled away.

"Fred. Please." Evelyn begged which seemed so unlike her. She really begged in a teasing way but never so desperately as she did now. "Please make me forget."

"F-forget what?" Fred stuttered.

"Everything."

The couple were back at the flat and stumbled into Fred's bedroom. Fred pushed Evelyn onto the bed without breaking the kiss but moved to pepper her jawline as she moaned. He quickly put a silencing spell on the room as they continued. He sucked and kissed her neck until he was pleased with the hickey's though he knew she'd remove them in the morning.

"Your sure you want this?" Fred asked as he began to unzip her dress. Evelyn's back arched so he could. She removed her heels using the end of the bed and looked back at Fred.

"Please." Evelyn whined breathlessly.

Fred unzipped the gown and pulled it off leaving her in black undergarments. He was straddling her hips and removed his jacket before beginning to unbutton his top to show his muscular figure. Quidditch practice paid off. Fred then kissed down her body slowly making Evelyn shift uncomfortably and impatiently. He suddenly moved back up to kiss her which simply made Evelyn dizzy even though she was laying down. Whispered 'I love you's' continued throughout the night until the two were tangled in the sheets, asleep.