.29 - halloween night

O C T O B E R   1 9 9 4

Evelyn never adored Halloween. Drinking at parties was fun but she'd never dressed up for it as a child so it felt, plain. She was dressed in a basic black dress that hugged her body and with black laced up heels. She held a red drink in hand and sipped it often as she watched everyone laugh and dance. That day at dinner people had been chosen for the Triwizard tournament. Viktor Krum for Durmstrang, Cedric Diggory for Hogwarts, and Fleur Delacour for Beauxbatons. Evelyn knew of Fleur as she was rather popular at Beauxbatons, though the two never crossed paths. What was odd was how Harry Potter had been chosen as well. Not only another student for Hogwarts but it was Harry Potter. He always goes through bullshit like this, only he would have his name chosen at fourteen.

When Beauxbatons girls passed by Evelyn she'd stiffen and look away in a weird fear they'd recognize her. She found it oddly fun to sit and watch everyone else dance and drink their hearts away while Evelyn had only allowed herself to get tipsy. She weirdly felt insecure and like everyone was staring and judging her. So she kept to herself. All until the three Beauxbatons bitches recognized her and walked over to her.

"Evelyn!" The middle girl shouted as her two 'friends' walked at her sides. Still nameless for Evelyn. "How've you been?"

"Oh fuck off." Evelyn drank the remainder of her drink and set it down before glaring back at them.

"Someone's an angry drunk." One giggled before the others laughed along. 

"Still mad about our childhood days?" One mocked as she fluttered her eyelashes. "It was all just jokes, you know."

"So dramatic." The middle girl mumbled, purposely trying to sound like she was talking in a tone where Evelyn couldn't hear any word she was saying.

The more Evelyn tried to ignore them the more the insults grew harsher and harsher. Something inside her finally snapped and she tried to move forward to hit one of the girls but someone grabbed her arms and pulled her back, against their chest. She felt the rapid heartbeat and the persons slow and steady breath. Evelyn knew from the freckles on their hands it was Fred and allowed herself to relax slightly.

"Is this the boy you're contracted to marry?" A girl asked before the three laughed.

Fred should have felt more insulted than Evelyn was but the reminder she was going to be forced into a marriage made her steam. She tore herself from Fred's grip then threw a hard punch at the girl.