.52 - the first valentines

F E B R U A R Y   1 9 9 6

Of course they had gotten together only a month before February meaning Valentines Day would be not as lonely has they'd thought I'd be. Fred had set something up but refused to give Evelyn a hint on what it was. She'd beg and whine in the corridors and became frustrated with not knowing anything.

"Please Fred! Just a hint!" Evelyn begged once again, tugging on his arm.

"No! It'll ruin the surprise aspect of it." Fred held out his hands in the air as if he was showing her a scene. "Aren't you late for class?"

"I hate you." Evelyn groaned and walked off but smiled as Fred simply shouted 'I love you too' as she left.

That night Evelyn fell asleep disappointed as nothing had happened. Expect, when an owl pecked at her dorm window she quickly realized he hadn't been fibbing. She quickly took the letter from the birds beak before it could wake her dormmates and read silently to herself.

'Go to the Quidditch pitch wearing something nice. I'll be waiting.'

'Love, Fred :)'

Evelyn quickly got dressed and covered her dark eye bags with a quick charm before running off in the dark. Her short blonde hair waved as Fred's bandana held it back. She had on a short white dress with long sheer sleeves and a black belt around her waist. She wore buckled shoes that clicked on the stone floors before going silent as she walked on the dry grass. She found Fred sitting on a checkered red and white blanket with a candle giving him light. He had a basket filled with only sweets and candies.

"It's fucking midnight. It's not even Valentines Day anymore." Evelyn reminded Fred with crossed arms, her weight against one hip.

"It still counts." Fred told her happily. "Now sit please. You can't stand looking as pretty as you do." Evelyn picked herself out a sugar quill as Fred spoke again. "George is teasing me on you making the first move."

"What can I say? I'm just superior." Evelyn shrugged slightly and Fred watched her with admiration as a smile crossed her face.

"You never did tell me why you hated Lucius so much. It just seems like you just always did."

"He had the creepy uncle feeling. Not a fatherly vibe. I know he loves Draco and I deep down in his awful heart and he does certain things to show it but he's never said it to us. I feel that's what led to my dislike before I even knew about Voldemort's existence and those damn meetings." She pushed her hair back before sighing. "Now tell me how lovely it is to have Molly as a mother."

"It's nice I suppose." Fred began. "She's sweet and all but definitely favors us. She loves Bill, Charlie, Percy, and Ginny much more than George, Ron and I. Us three are just not as successful I suppose as them. We've never been Prefects or Head Boy or whatever. Ginny is really only favored as she's her one and only daughter. I do feel like she has a small disappointment for George and I as we want to open a joke shop instead of go and get a 'real career'." Fred simply smiled at Evelyn as she now had a sad expression across her face. "She loves us. I know it."

"I'm sorry, Fred." Evelyn's brow was furrowed and her eyes looked teary. She placed a hand over Fred's for a sign of comfort. "That must upsetting to you both."

"Wanna know what's also upsetting?" Fred asked with a hint of a smirk.

"What?" Evelyn leant her head back as Fred stared at her. She thought she saw his eyes glance to her lips but simply tried to ignore it.

Fred never responded and simply leant over and kissed her. He had his hand on her chin to direct her had upward. Evelyn simply let him take over as he slowly brought her into his lap. He directed her legs to wrap around his waist, pulling apart to blow out the candle that was burning. When he turned back to Evelyn, he smiled and kissed her again. His hands held her back so she wouldn't fall back while her hands were in his hair. She'd tug it every so often making Fred squeeze his eyelids making wrinkles appear as he tried to hold back from a moan. He'd pull Evelyn closer to his body as she'd inhale sharply as the feeling in her stomach grew. She didn't know what it was but knew it felt weirdly nice.

Fred then walked her back to the dungeons staircase, leaving her with a deep kiss that made Evelyn stumble back when they pulled apart. He gave another charming grin before walking off into the dim corridors as the lack of light hid Evelyn's red cheeks fairly well.