.35 - task number two

F E B R U A R Y   1 9 9 5

As Evelyn stood in the stands, looking over the Black Lake. All the contestants had already jumped into the lake so it was rather boring. Fred was far away from Evelyn with George and his little sister, Ginny, while she was more by the dock. Evelyn glanced to the side and saw Maria giggling at something Alexander said which was probably not even meant to be funny. Her boredom was cured as Fleur Delacour was suddenly pulled onto the dock with cuts and scratches over her body along with a large bit mark on her shin. Evelyn had always been rather good with healing spells but nothing like what Fleur had.

"Evelyn?" Fleur gasped but her accent made it sound like 'evie-lynn'. "What are you doing here? At 'ogwarts?"

"Please, Fleur." Evelyn rolled her eyes as Madam Pomfrey began to press on the bite mark making Fleur wince. "I've been going since my third year. You've definitely seen me around, have you not?"

"I thought I'd seen you but I thought I was imagining it." Fleur gasped again as Madam Pomfrey began to wrap her leg. "I- sorry for-"

"Fleur shut up about it." Evelyn told her in a hushed tone. "It's been years and you didn't even do anything. Just forget about it."

Fleur did as so but Evelyn still watched her get healed up as nothing else was happening. Everyone else soon came up, Cedric Diggory with Cho Chang and Viktor Krum with Hermione. Harry Potter came up after the hour was up with both Ron Weasley and a young blonde who Evelyn recognized to be Fleur's younger sister. Evelyn left as soon as the points were given out but Fred Weasley caught up with her.

"You seem rather, tense." Fred observed, looking the girl up and down. Evelyn looked at him with her eyebrows furrowed before hitting his upper arm as Fred hissed and grabbed the arm in a joking way. "Only making an observation, dear."

"I never liked Fleur fucking Delacour. Gave me a bitchy vibe and she's part veela." Evelyn ranted. "I don't care anymore! Honestly! She always gave me a weird feeling but acts like she's an angel. Fleur thinks that she committed a sort of crime for watching girls tease me. I don't understand her or like anything about anything really." Evelyn was now rubbing her temples as she walked. "I don't care anymore."

Fred bent down to whisper in her ear, his lips turning to a grin as they brushed against her ear. "So, do you care anymore?"

"Fuck off, Fred!" Evelyn groaned before speeding up to walk off from the boy who was now engulfed in giggles.

"Wait for me!" Fred shouted as she began to run, him following. "I'm sorry! Come back!"

"No!" Evelyn shouted before she entered the school and the two disappeared behind the old stone walls.