.58 - spy

A P R I L   1 9 9 7

The now engaged couple were in a slump. Both simply just worked from morning to evening, had dinner with small conversation, then went to sleep. They only gave one another quick kisses for affection and didn't do much together besides work. George assured Evelyn that Fred was just anxious on how war approached closer and closer but it didn't make sense to Evelyn. Wouldn't he want to be more affectionate and spend more time with her because of the war?

Evelyn was alone in the flat one afternoon as the twins worked in the shop below when a letter arrived by a brown owl. She took the envelope and gave the owl a sickle but it stayed. She tore open the letter and saw it was from Remus Lupin. 

Dear Miss Evelyn Malfoy,

First, congratulations on your recent engagement with Fred Weasley. Secondly, I write to you to ask for a favor. Many in the Order are becoming suspicious of Snive- Severus, including myself. We believe in Dumbledore's trust for him but fear a betrayal of a sort. I'd like to ask you to become a spy as well. You will have to take the mark and become a Death Eater to do so which I know will be difficult for you. We fear Severus is untrustworthy and know that if you do become a spy, you won't double cross us as you hate those people perhaps even more than myself.

I know this is much to ask as this task can and may be deadly. War is close and we need more information as we don't have much. I ask you to think about it. If you decline, we'll be alright with that but if you accept you'll start immediately. Please respond today or tomorrow using this owl I've sent.

Also Tonks sends her love and is overly happy on your engagement.

Sincerely,

Remus Lupin

Evelyn sat still with the letter before folding it close. It took her only minutes to decide. She took the letter they sent and flipped it over before getting a quill out. She scratched her answer on the back and placed it back into the envelope. Evelyn gave it back to the owl and it flew off.

That evening the owl returned to Sirius Black's old home where Remus was having a meeting with a few members of the Order. He took the envelope and grinned at the reply.

"She said yes."

note: this chapter used to have Sirius Black in it as I forgot he uh died. forgive me and I've changed it to Remus <3