Chapter 2

Toppling Towels

Gayoung waited in excitement as she queued up in front of the building which was actual the pop-up store. It was way bigger and aesthetically pleasing than she had expected. She managed to take a sneak peak of the inside and saw piles and racks of clothes and bags that were sold in the store. She shook in excitement as she let out a little squeak when a staff member walked up to her.
He wore a loose and oversized long sleeve white blouse with a sticker of the pop-up store brand pasted on it which was tucked loosely into an oversized and baggy carolina blue jeans. He wore bright canary sneakers and looked at her with sparkling chocolate eyes and a charming smile that was in the shape of a heart.
Gayoung was in awe as her heart started beating wildly. She looked up at him. He smiled brightly as he took out his checklist, asking for her to show him the email they had sent to her to confirm her reservation.

Soon after, Gayoung was at the store, gaping at all the objects before her. Then, her eyes fell on a row of towels on the shelf. She rushed towards it and grabbed one. However, after grabbing one, the rest of the towels behind it came toppling down. She stared in horror as everyone turned to stare at her.
Rooted to the ground, she stared at the pile of towels on the ground, wanting to dig a hole and climb into it. Gayoung immediately bent down to grab the towels when another hand reached out to grab the towels. Both their hands touched as she felt a bolt of electricity rush up her arm.
Shocked, she looked to her side to see the same heart-shaped smile guy with his adorable canary sneakers. He smiled and continued picking up the towels while she froze.

"T-Thank you,"

She stammered as he put the towels back onto the shelf. He just smiled and walked away. She stared in awe at his back view as it slowly grew smaller with her heart pounding crazily.

Maybe, she could see him again.