Chapter 33

Rebound

Yeona bit her lip as she placed the stack of jeans on the shelves. Her eyes kept looking over at Gayoung who was struggling to carry the boxes of goods. Yeona felt her stomach twist into a knot as she had a strong urge to help Gayoung. However, ever since her confessions, things got awkward between the two of them.
However, just as Yeona was about to take a step towards Gayoung to help her, Hoseok noticed Gayoung's struggle and helped her carry the boxes. Yeona felt her heart sink as tears stung her eyes. She saw them laughing and chatting with each other as Gayoung looked at Hoseok with utmost love. 

"Why couldn't she look at me like that?"

She muttered, tears rolling down her cheek as she took the last pair of jeans and placed them on the shelf. She was about to turn around and discard the empty cardboard box when she slammed face-first into a hard surface.
Shocked, Yeona stumbled back, grabbing onto her face as she looked up to see Yoongi staring down at her. His furrowed eyebrows and scowl immediately vanished upon seeing the tears that trickled down her cheeks. His eyes widened in shock as they wavered slightly.

"A-Are you okay?"

He asked, his face growing red as he scratched his nape. Yeona who initially just wanted to ignore him, pick up her cardboard box and abandon the situation, saw Gayoung staring at the small commotion they had caused. She suddenly felt something in her that wanted to seem less vulnerable and hurt to Gayoung.

"Yeah, I-I just, it hurts,"

Yeona muttered, her tears flowing down her cheeks as she tried to suppress her cries of agony. Yoongi's eyes widened as he put his large and warm hand on the side of her face that had smacked into his chest. Yeona, however, just turned her face to the side, seemingly refusing his help.

"Not the face, my heart. It hurts,"

"Your heart? Do you have a heart condition?"

Yeona stopped sobbing and furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance. She stared into Yoongi's eyes with dead seriousness before squinting her eyes.

"Seriously? Heart condition?"

Instead of lashing out at Yoongi, Yeona felt Gayoung's stare on her and decided to do the unimaginable. She wrapped her arms around Yoongi and buried her face into his chest. She closed her eyes shut, letting a few tears slip down her face as she felt his body warmth spread across her body.