Chapter 15

*Trigger Warning*

Then, she saw the familiar pair of canary sneakers.

"Are you okay?"

Hoseok asked, staring at Gayoung who had collapsed on the floor. Gayoung noticed that he was grabbing onto her arm and immediately moved her arm away from him. Seeing her action, Hoseok let go of her arm and moved back.

"Do you need me to help you with the towels?"

Gayoung, avoiding eye contact just shook her head and hung her head low. She began to pick up the boxes of towels that toppled on the floor, ignoring the fact that Hoseok was standing by her and watching her. Her body scrunched up as she became more self-conscious. 
The same voices that screeched in her head came back. He's evil, he's evil! Just then, Hoseok kneeled down and helped to pick up the towels. Gayoung flinched as she continued. With a soft and timid voice, she muttered,

"It's fine, I don't need your help,"

Seeing how withdrawn Gayoung had suddenly become, Hoseok just picked up and stacked up all the boxes of towels and placed them on the floor quickly.

"This is the least I could do. If you feel uncomfortable, the toilet is over there,"

He said, staring at Gayoung while pointing at the door at the back of the building. With her hair covering her face, Gayoung nodded her head. Then, she continued picking up the boxes and placing them on the shelf.
She felt her nose sting as tears welled up in her eyes. She tried to blink them away and steady her breath but her efforts were futile. Soon, tears rolled down her cheeks as she put her last box of towels on the shelf with quivering hands. She wiped her face dry before running into the toilet with her head down.
Slamming the toilet cubicle door shut, she collapsed against the walls of the toilet cubicle. She let the tears roll down as she bit her lips to prevent herself from letting out sobs. She covered her face as her entire body shook violently. Vivid yet horrid images flashed through her mind.

*trigger warning*

His face had a scar from the middle of his forehead all the way through his left eye to his left cheek. He had the biggest grin on his face as he licked his lips just like a predator. His blood-shot eyes roamed around her body. He started touching, groping and it made her sob louder. It seemed that he enjoyed her agony. 

Gayoung let out a loud gasp for air as she started shaking. Her eyes were looking around frantically as she dug her nails into her arms. She didn't want to go out, not again, not here, not anywhere.