Chapter 17

Excuses

Quivering with each step being taken, Gayoung stood before the pop-up store. The building loomed over her ominously as if something bad was about to happen. Her breath hitched as she saw the long queue. However, she turned to her side to see Yeona smiling at her. Then, she looked down to see them wearing the matching purple bracelets.
She felt the weight on her shoulders get lighter. She had to overcome this. She had to. Not just for herself but for her parents, her friends and most importantly, Yeona. Every time she cried over the same issue, Yeona suffered the most. Today, however, she was going to be stronger.
Gayoung and Yeona walked into the building and immediately started searching for empty shelves or shelves with almost no items on them. They restocked together and made sure they were always together. Everytime Gayoung was afraid, Yeona would be by her side, smiling. Therefore, she was no longer afraid.

"Yeona!"

They both suddenly heard a loud roar and flinched. They turned their heads to see an angry Yoongi glaring at the storage room. Gayoung and Yeona eyed each other before walking up to him. Pursing her lips, Yeona asked nervously,

"What's wrong?"

"Look at the storage room,"

Yoongi muttered, suppressing his anger as Yeona and Gayoung both peered into the storage room. Their eyes widened as they both let out a gasp and covered their mouths. It was a mess. Boxes toppled down the shelves and were strewn everywhere with the items sprawled across the ground.
They both turned to look at Yoongi who was basically fuming. His nose was flared and his pale white skin turned fiery red. His fists were clenched tightly and so was his jaw. Their hearts raced as they knew they were in hot boiling water.

"What is this mess?"

"How do you know it's us? Could've been someone else!"

Yeona daringly questioned back, causing Gayoung to grimace and elbow her lightly.

"Stop it,"

Gayoung muttered through clenched teeth. Yoongi clenched his fist tighter.

"It's not 'us', it's you,"

Yoongi muttered, glaring fiercely at Yeona. He started walking towards Yeona intimidatingly. Yeona started backing up, obviously trying not to appear intimidated bit obviously was. Soon, her back hit the wall and Yoongi pinned her to the wall.
Her heart raced as she daringly stared straight into Yoongi's eyes. Yoongi was slightly surprised at how bold she was but ignored it and glared at her. They were both only a few centimeters apart.

"You were the last one in the storage room, I saw you in there. Gayoung was outside,"

He muttered, his eyes fixed on her.

"Stop making excuses,"

He whispered before stepping back and going back to his work.