Chapter 9

Helping Hand

"Can you at least be of help instead of lazing around?"

Gayoung's mother yelled as she ran around the vet clinic and gathered all the pill bottles that were packed in the countless of cardboard boxes stacked around the clinic. Gayoung looked up from her phone and rolled her eyes before standing up.

"What do I do?"

"You're the tallest in the family so can you help put these pill bottles in the top shelf?"

Her mother asked as she juggled with the overflowing pile of pill bottles nestled in her arms as she slowly and delicately laid them down on the counter. Gayoung saw the many pill bottles and sighed. This was going to take a while.
She grabbed the first bottle, rubbing it as she tilted it to read the words plastered on it. Ursodiol, aspirin — boring. She rolled her eyes as she tiptoed, trying to slip it into the deepest part of the shelf.
She stretched her arms further, biting her lips while her eyebrows furrowed. She ignored the bell that jingled that indicated that someone entered the clinic and gritted her teeth, glaring at the bottle that kept toppling everytime she pushed it further into the shelf.

"Damn it,"

She whispered to herself, feeling a tinge of annoyance creeping up her. Suddenly, she saw an arm reaching out from behind as it pushed the pill bottle all the way to the back of the shelf. As it did so, she could smell the musky cologne waft into her nose as the person behind her's chest pushed slightly against her back.
Gayoung's body scrunched up as she hesitated before turning around. Once she turned around, she realised the person helping was really close to her as she saw only a bit of his face showing as he continued to put the rest of the pill bottles into the shelf.

"Uh- thank you so much?"

Gayoung muttered as she peered over, trying to catch a glimpse of his face.

"You're welcome,"

The man said, turning to face her. Her eyes widened as she felt her heart skip a beat. She tried to catch a breath as she stared at the guy before her. Smiling, the guy said,

"Came to grab supplement pills for my dog,"

The guy before her was none other than Hoseok.