Chapter 4

Number

"There! There's the heart-shaped smiling guy!"

Gayoung exclaimed. However, before any of them could react, the guy smoothly walked up to them. Now, standing in front of them was none other than the heart-shaped smile guy. He was wearing a olive green bucket hat with matching olive green oversized long sleeved sweater and oversized pants with his signature canary sneakers.
Staring at him, shocked, was Yeona with her jaw hitting the ground. She suppressed her squeals and the plastered smile on her face. The boy just smiled softly at Yeona before turning to Gayoung and smiling wider. Gayoung's heart skipped a beat as her hands started trembling in panic. Seeing how flustered Gayoung was, Yeona's smile faded as she felt empty.

"May I see the email sent to both of you for confirmation of your reservation? Again."

The boy asked, gripping onto his checkboard before turning his head to look directly into Gayoung's eyes and making eye contact with her when he said the last word. Gayoung's face turned auburn red as she rummaged through her bag for her phone. The colour drained from her face as she felt her heart plummet.
She continued rummaging through her bag frantically, refusing to believe reality as beads of sweat started forming on her forehead. Yeona, seeing her so panicked, nudged her with her elbow, whispering,

"What's wrong?"

Pale as if she had seen a ghost, Gayoung looked up with a dazed and horrified expression and muttered,

"I forgot to bring my phone,"

Both panicking, Yeona started cursing under her breath as Gayoung continued to rummage through her bag, muttering 'this can't be' as she considered pouring everything out of her bag. Seeing how panicked Gayoung is, the heart-shaped smile guy just laughed lightly and tapped her shoulder. Gayoung immediately looked up with a panicked expression.

"I'll allow you into the store just this once. But on one condition,"

He said, a mischievous yet playful smile dancing on his face as Gayoung's eyebrows creased. Breathless and desperate, she asked,

"What do I have to do?"

With the biggest and most arrogant smirk on the guy's face, he leaned down to Gayoung's ear and whispered,

"Give me your number."