Chapter 35

As Long As We Had Each other

Just like that, they both sat opposite each other, sobbing. Gayoung's anger, embarrassment, agony, sorrow and gratitude all coalesced together and came out in each and every tear drop that slipped out of her eyes.

"Thank you so much,"

she muttered through choked sobs as she covered her face.

"It's the least I could do. I hope that you will learn to become happier one day,"

Hoseok replied, staring at Gayoung as tears flowed down his cheeks. Gayoung looked up with eyes filled and glistened with tears. Their eyes met as they felt both their hearts race. Even if they were both crying, they both found each other the most beautiful people their eyes had ever laid upon. And it hurt them to see each other in pain.

"Why do you care so much? I don't understand. All I am to you is a colleague,"

Gayoung asked, staring into his eyes and feeling herself getting sucked into his dark brown orbs.

"Because I care for you,"

Hoseok simply replied. Gayoung's eyebrows furrowed.

"Why?"

"Because you're different from everyone I've met. Somehow, when I first saw you, I knew we were meant to be,"

They just stared at each other with burning vermillion cheeks, both dead serious as their hearts raced. Gayoung felt the butterflies slowly awaken as they started to flutter wildly around in her stomach. For the first time in a while, she genuinely smiled as a single tear flowed down her cheeks. Hoseok smiled back. They both knew one thing.

Things were going to get better.

As long as they had each other.