Chapter 39

Toppling Emotions

"I just wanted to say that-"

"Hold on, there's a customer that needs me. I'm super sorry, I'll be back,"

Gayoung watched Hoseok turn his back on her as she stood there awkwardly. She wanted to talk to him about the kiss and wanted to talk about their relationship status. She never intended to kiss him but she just felt like it at the heat of moment. She did not regret it, though.
However, it seemed like he was a bit busy. Gayoung tried to tune out the small voices in her head telling her otherwise as she felt her stack of emotions get lightly shoved. Thankfully, she managed to ignore those voices and stop overthinking.
Staring at Hoseok who was talking to a customer from a distance, Gayoung peered around and caught sight of Yeona. Her face lit up as she proceeded to walked towards Yeona and help her with the restocking.

"Ice cream after work, 콜?"

"Sure but you're paying,"

Yeona replied with a smirk as she glanced over at Gayoung.

"Wow we just started talking again and you're already making me pay,"

Gayoung exclaimed with her eyes wide open dramatically as she covered her mouth. Yeona just scoffed and replied,

"I haven't topped up my credit card, remember?"

Gayoung just let out a laugh as a reply before noticing that Hoseok was back from talking to a customer. She immediately walked towards him in hopes of clarifying everything.

"So about what I said-"

"I'm sorry, I'll seriously listen to you later. There's another customer calling for me. It's the last two weeks before the pop-up store closes so it's getting more crowded. Be right back,"

Hoseok apologised, ruffling her hair as he turned back around and started talking to the customer near him. Gayoung's gaze fell to the ground as she took in a deep breath. She did not want to think too much about it before she started overthinking but it was too late. Her emotions were toppling over.

"Does he even care about the kiss? Was I making it a big deal in my head?  Does he even feel the same way I do? Maybe he didn't even want to kiss me!"

Gayoung muttered, walking around aimlessly before crashing into a stack of boxes. The boxes wobbled as a threat to fall and was about to when a hand came from behind and stabilised them. Gayoung turned around to see Yeona behind her. A smile of gratitude and relief spread across her face. Yeona just smiled back. But it felt forced.