Chapter 28

Why Do Moms Know Everything??

"There your daughter goes again! Playing video games on her computer! She would never make it in the real world!"

Gayoung's mother complained to Gayoung's father as he just laughed it off.

"I wish I could live a carefree life like her! However, I still have deliver this pill bottle to Hoseok! I forgot to put it in his plastic bag because I was too busy!"

Her mother yelled, slamming the pill bottle on the table and taking a sip of water from her mug. Gayoung's ears perked up as she suddenly sat up straight. She turned her head towards her mother with wide eyes. She could pass Hoseok the pill bottle and use it as an excuse to talk to him!
Her mother stared at her judgementally with squinted eyes. She took another sip of her water and stared at Gayoung who rushed up to her. While Gayoung was running out of her room, she nearly tripped over her headphone wires. Her mother shook her head and turned to her father.

"That's your mentally deficient daughter,"

"Mom!"

Gayoung yelled, causing her parents to flinch.

"Hoseok he- uh- he works at the pop-up store with me,"

She mumbled, feeling a bit flustered. What happens if her parents knew what she was trying to do? She shook her head, trying to tune out her paranoia and anxiety. She stared intently at her mother as her mother just took another sip from her mug with a raised eyebrow.

"How about I just send you to his house to check up on his dog?"

Gayoung's eyes widened as she felt her heart skip. Her face grew vermillion red as she shook her head violently. Her mother just rolled her eyes as her father laughed.

"I was joking with you. Someone is having a crush, huh?"

Her mother teased, grabbing the pill bottle and handing it to Gayoung. Gayoung's face grew redder as she kept quiet, hugging the bottle of pills and walking back into her room. She felt as if her heart was about to burst. She was so embarrassed yet excited to see Hoseok.