Chapter 30

Strand Of Hair

"How about you come to my house?"

Hoseok's voice echoed in Gayoung's head as she slowly approached the house a few metres away from her.

"What?"

"Oh, you look shocked. I meant you can go to the park near my house. Sorry if that sounded wrong,"

Grasping tightly onto the pill bottle, Gayoung made a left turn from the house before her and headed towards the park opposite the house. She looked down at the pill bottle, analysing it and reading the long and complicated words printed on it.
Then, she noticed the familiar pair of canary sneakers in front of her. She looked up with wide eyes and saw Hoseok looking down at her with his face crinkled up with a smile. She grew less tense and smiled back. He was in a grey hoodie and long white pants and smiled brightly once he saw the pill bottle in her hands.

"Thank you so much!"

He exclaimed, beaming as he took the pill bottle. Gayoung's face grew red as she stared at the ground.

"Sorry for spilling the pills. It must have been so annoyingly inconvenient for you,"

Gayoung muttered, her head hanging low as Hoseok lifted up his arm to ruffle her hair.

"It's ok,"

He reassured, smiling widely. Gayoung felt her heart skip as she looked up to see his bright heart-shaped smile. A smile unconsciously crept up her face as she made eye contact with him. She immediately diverted her gaze and looked back on the ground.

"Well, I'll get going now,"

She muttered as she stood up, about to leave when she felt a hand grip onto her wrist. She turned around, her hair swooshing in the wind as she looked down at the hand grabbing her wrist before looking up at Hoseok in shock.

"D-Did I give you the wrong pill bottle? O-Or did I-"

Before she could say anything, Hoseok smiled softly at her, smoothly moving his hand from gripping her wrist to holding her hand. He leaned in close to her as she felt her body tense up. She squeezed her eyes shut while she gritted her teeth.
However, she felt nothing. She opened her eyes hesitantly to see Hoseok's face close to hers as he pursed his lips, trying to get a strand of her hair out of the corner of her eye. Her face was tinted vermillion due to their face's close proximity and her imagination that ran wild.
Her eyes could not help but look at what was before her. His smooth and dewy alabaster skin glowed in the garish sunlight with his peach lips pursed together while he focused. Everything seemed perfect.

"Sorry for being so close. Your hair was in your eye and it looked like it was going to hurt,"

Hoseok muttered, staring softly into her eyes as Gayoung felt her heart slowly melt.

"I have a question, though,"

"Hm?"

"What happened that made you like this?"