Chapter 40

Childhood Crush

"I can't believe you still like mint chocolate chip ice cream. It tastes like ass,"

"Shut up,"

Gayoung joked, a childish smirk slowly appearing on her face as she put a huge scoop of mint chocolate chip ice cream into her mouth. Yeona just rolled her eyes and ate a scoop of strawberry ice cream. Awkward silence filled the entire ice cream shop as Yeona and Gayoung's smiles both faded.

"Uh- I just wanna apologise for doubting you. I just- I just get paranoid because you're my best friend and I don't want something similar to happen again,"

A comforting and warm smile spread across Gayoung's face as she put down her cup of ice cream. She put her hand on Yeona's but Yeona pulled her hand away. Gayoung felt her heart sink but she continued,

"It's ok. I understand why you would feel that way. But now, I need you to understand and trust me and Hoseok. He truly cares for me and I can tell,"

Gayoung felt her heart ache as she was no longer sure if what she said was true. What if Yeona was right? After her kiss with Hoseok, it seemed that Hoseok did not even care about the kiss.
It seemed as if the kiss never happened. She had not talked to Hoseok since the kiss and it seemed as if he was distancing himself. Had she misread the signs? Did he not feel the same way?

"You were saying?"

Yeona asked, eyes wide. Gayoung shook her head, trying to get back in touch with reality as she just forced a smile. She looked up at Yeona and said,

"Let's just talk about something else,"

Yeona furrowed her eyebrows but just cocked her head to the side and forced a small tight smile.

"Ok... well, I think my brother might be coming back from Ilsan,"

Yeona muttered, raising her eyebrows and smirking while watching Gayoung's face flush red. Gayoung tried to stop the giggle that was threatening to be let out by biting her lip.

"I don't like him anymore!"

She whispered aggressively. Yeona just let out a laugh.

"Ah, is that so? Your face is red! I still remember how you always dressed up when you came to my house!"

Gayoung tried suppressing the yell she wanted to let out as she stood up from her seat and smacked Yeona who sat across her. She sat back down and slid down the seat in embarrassment while eating her ice cream. She could not deny it, she never gotten over Yeona's weirdly hot brother.