Chapter 47

Eudaemonia

"MINHO! I NEED TO GO OUT FOR A SECOND! "

Yeona yelled as her grip on Yoongi's wrist tightened. She dragged him to the nearby lamppost as her face started burning up. Yoongi...likes her???? That did not make sense at all! They hate each other! Or at least he hated her.

"What are you doing?!"

Yoongi asked, staring at Yeona who was currently hyperventilating.

"Are you... ok?"

"You- You like me? How can you like me? You hate me!"

"I don't. I've just been trying to find ways to be able to talk to you this whole time and came off rude. Sorry if I was an asshole,"

Yeona just stared at Yoongi in disbelief as her heart raced faster than when she had to go to the toilet in the middle of a kdrama. The weird thing was, she actually liked him back. But how could they date each other? How could she confirm that he actually liked her? What happens if he was just like all the other guys she had met?

"I- I like you too but we can't date,"

Yeona muttered, unable to look into Yoongi's eyes. Yoongi felt his heart plummet.

"Why? Why can't we?"

Yeona searched her brain for any plausible excuses she could come up with but finally came to terms that she was not going to lie. These past few months bickering playfully with Yoongi and slowly building up a bond with him made her realise that something in her wanted to take a leap of faith and trust him.
Maybe, he wasn't like the other guys. Maybe, he would understand her struggles. And maybe, she could finally be happy like what Gayoung said. She couldn't continue living her life cowering from all possible male interactions just because of what happened. She couldn't allow herself to continue being unhappy because of the shitty people in the world.

And so she told him.

She cried and cried and cried.

He cried with her.

He told her about his story.

And they kept crying.

The rain started pouring as if it were crying with them, feeling the pain of their tears. And then they hugged. The tears of reflected moonlight slowly staining both their clothes but they felt happy. Happy that they could share their pain freely without judgment. Happy that they had each other.