Chapter One

Grace POV

Friday 13th July. Everyone says Friday the 13th was a day of bad luck and I guess they were right. This was the day my life fell apart. I remember that fateful day as if it was yesterday.

I was sat in bed in my moms house. Yes I am 25 and living with my mom. So judge me I don't care. My phone began to play 'The Only Exception by Paramore' and I knew from the ringtone who it was. It was my boyfriend James. I answered it immediately. 

" Hey babe." He said cheerily.

" Hey babe why are you calling. Are you okay?" I asked a tad bit worried.

" I'm fine what about you?" He replied.

" Still having the chest pains that I've been having lately and the headaches other than that I'm fine."

"Awww get well soon. I'm calling to see if you would like to go to the park with me today?" He asked.

" Yes of course. What time?"

" Now."

"Okay give me a 10 minutes to get ready." I told him.

" Alright be at yours in 10 minutes. I love you." He said.

" Love you too." I replied before I ended the call. I climbed out of bed and checked the time. It was 10 in the morning. I threw on my Fall Out Boy t-shirt on ,yes that is my brothers band and so what if I wear their merch is it a crime to like my brothers band. I think not, I also put my black ripped jeans on and my black converse. I brushed my hair and put a little bit of make up on just so I looked presentable. I heard the doorbell ring. I looked at the clock. It was exactly 10 minutes later. I am shocked he is normally very late. I shoved my phone in my front pocket of my jeans and walked downstairs to greet my boyfriend. I opened the door and he pulled me into a hug.

" I've missed you babe." He whispered in my ear.

" It was only a day." I whispered back.

"Going a day without seeing your beautiful face feels like going a year without seeing your beautiful face." He said. I pecked his lips.

" Mom I'm going out with James. I don't know when I'll be back but were going to the park. Bye mom."

" Bye honey. Be safe."

" I will." I shouted. I grabbed my keys and stuffed them in my other jean pocket ,the one without my phone in, and then me and James left for the park. When we arrived there he was being all romantic. He kept kissing me and spinning me around. It felt like I was in heaven when I was with him. I was in a constant state of happiness and I intended to keep it that way. He then sat me down under a tree and he sat next to me. He lent closer to my face and then our lips touched. I felt sparks. It was amazing. When we pulled away we were both smiling. He helped me up and we began to walk over to the fountain when suddenly the pain in my chest came back but this time it was a lot worse than normal. It was an unbearable pain. I began to cough heavily. James turned to me and his normally tanned face turned an icey pale white colour.

" Grace your coughing up blood." He said shocked.

Before I could answer him I heard a piercing sound in my ear. My whole body began to get hot and then black spots clouded my vision and I passed out. The last thing I saw was James' worried face as he called for help.