Chapter Twenty Five

Pete POV
I finally picked myself of the ground and looked around to find that the guys were no where to be seen.

A note attached to a chair outside of Graces room caught my eye. It read:

Hey Pete,
We thought that you deserved the last few hours with your sister. We have gone back to the house so come back when you feel ready. We are here to talk to if you want.

From The guys.

I stuffed the note in my pocket and walked into her room. I collected her bag of items and walked out of the room. I picked up her shirt and began to smell it. It reminded me of her and all the good times we had together.

I walked out of the hospital and out to the car park to find that the guys had taken the car.

I decided that walking would be better thank catching any form of public transport.

I placed her bag on my back and began to walk home many thoughts running through my mind.

When I arrived home I opened the door and walked in gently placing Graces bag on the floor by the front door.

" Hey. What happened." Patrick asked dreading the answer.

" They took her from me. They fucking took her from me and I'm never gonna get her back." I said as I fell into Patrick tears falling down his shirt.

Joe and Andy saw and heard what happened and they walked over and englufed me in a hug.

Patrick POV
Tears fell from all of eyes showing that she meant so much to all of us.

I remembered the last moments I spent with her. When we got married and how her face radiated happiness throughout every hardship she went through. She was a true fighter and she definitely won't be forgotten. I just wished that could have been tears of happiness we were all crying and that we were all hugging Grace because she would have beaten cancer and won the battle but unfortunately life doesn't work on what you want.

I just wanted to hold her one last time and tell her how much I love her and kiss her to show how much I care about her.

Pete's crying became unbearable. He was so loud. He sounded like someone was physically and emotionally torturing him which in a way he was being. He wouldn't stop crying no matter how much me and the guys tried to calm him down. We all held him tightly and tried to calm him down but it was easier said than done. I'm trying to calm him down and help him but I can't even calm myself down or help myself.

" It will be okay... we will get this." I choked out between sobs.

As much as I trying to convince him I was also trying to convince myself. I don't know how I'm going to cope knowing that there was nothing I could do to help my darling Grace. I don't know what I'll do without my rock, my life, my wife, my Grace. My whole world has been turned upside down.

None of us could process that she was really gone and that she wasn't going to come back and none of us had control over that.

Pete pulled himself from out of our circle and he said only one thing.

"No one goes into her room unless I tell them to. It need to stay as it was before." Pete said not being able to bring himself to say her name as it brought to much pain to him.

A Few Days Later

It was the day of Graces funeral and we were all a mess. We had all managed to get our black suits on but other than that we weren't able to do anything else.

The car carrying Grace arrived along with our car.

Me and the guys walked outside and as soon as Pete saw the car carrying his late sister he lost it. He began to bawl his eyes out onto my shoulder. I did all I could do and soothingly rubbed his back in circles.