Chapter Three

Grace POV

"Well we have your test results back. I'm very sorry to tell you this but you have developed lung cancer. It isn't too serious and we believe that we can control it with medication even though you will be on medication you will still be quite ill and you wont be able to go out much or do anything without getting tired easily as the medication will make you feel very drowsy." The doctor explained. I felt my world slowly crumble beneath me. It was like the world was trying to swallow me up. I looked over at my mom who was speechless and I looked over to James and both my mom and James shared the same shocked and speechless expression on their faces. The doctor left us alone so we could get our heads around what we had just been told. It will take me ages to get my head around the news. Who knows maybe I will never get my head around what I have just been told.

"Would you like me to call Pete and tell him?" Mom asked me. I nodded as it was all I could do as I couldn't form any words as I was still in shock from the news I had just been told. This has to be a joke right. I can't have cancer. This has to be a sick joke.

Mom left and went outside of the hospital to call Pete and tell him the sad news. I wonder how him and the guys will take the news.

I looked over to James and all he said was

"I'm sorry."

"Why are you sorry babe no one could have done anything to help me." I told him.

" No I understand that. I am sorry because I don't think I can cope with you having c c cancer." It's not like he is the one with the cancer so why is he making this about him.

" What happened to 'I will love you no matter what'?" I asked him pissed off that he has to make this about him.

" That was before I realised you have cancer. You are probably going to die anyway so why don't we just end it now. It'll save us the pain of doing it later." He said. I was taken aback by his attitude.

" Wow optimistic much." I said sarcastically.

" Well we all know you're not gonna survive so we should end it now and save us the trouble later. I can't cope with you having cancer." He said.

" You can't cope. Aww poor you but funnily enough you don't have to f***ing cope but I do. Have it your way. We are over get out of my life and never come back you selfish prick." I was shocked at my suddenly angry outburst but I had ever right as he was being unreasonable. He picked up his stuff and left my room without saying a word to me. As soon as the door closed I burst into flood of tears. I was never going to see him again and I couldn't help but feel somewhat responsible for that.

Hi guys well done to @turtleluver123 and @knightgirlsarah for guessing what had happened to Grace. Stay awesome.

- FallOutGirl19 -