Chapter Six

Grace POV (before pete came back.)

I awoke with an agonising pain all pver my body. I screamed out and as soon as I did I saw Patrick run into my room a look of shock plastered on his face. He began to shout for a nurse whilst trying to keep me awake.

" Hey Grace. Stay with me please." He said tears cascading down his pained face. I suddenly felt all my senses begin to fade and the last thing I saw was a nurse sending Patrick out of my room but before I entered the sweet emptiness of my mind I heard him shout

"I love you."

I bet he didn't mean it but I wished that he did.

Patrick POV (back to future now.)

I saw Pete and the guys come in and as soon as they saw me they all ran over.

" Patrick. What happened? " Pete asked me not wanting to know the answer.

" I couldn't help her. I tried to get her to stay awake but she couldn't." I told them. " Trick. Is she d d d dead?" Pete asked on the verge of tears.

" No but I think it was close. I tried calling you but it went straight to voicemail. I'm sorry. I tried to help but I was pushed out of her room." I told the guys tears flooding from my blue - grey eyes.

"Hey Trick I understand. I know you would have tried everything but right now its up to the doctors to pull her though. I was busy beating the s**t out of her a**hole of an ex." Pete said walking over to me and handing me a tissue. I was about to thank him when a nurse came out of her room.

"You may all want to sit down for this news." The nurse began. Pete, Joe and Andy sat down.

" We have misjudged Graces condition and we are sorry to tell you this but it has gotten worse. Grace, I'm afraid only has 5 weeks to live. I'm so sorry for this. Is there is anything we can do for you." The nurse told us.

" Yes there is something you can do for me. Get rid of my sisters cancer." Pete said pools of tears falling from his eyes.

" Sir I'm afraid we have tried everything. Graces lungs filled up with liquid which is why she struggled to breath. We have drained her lungs which is all we can do. Again I am extremely sorry about this." She apologised.

" Thanks. Are we able to see her?" I asked.

" Yes but one at a time please to minimise stress for her. Also well done to you for finding her. If it wasn't for you she wouldn't have even survived today." The nurse told us.

" Thanks Trick. I owe you." Pete said.

We all looked at Pete and he got what we meant. He stood up and walked into Graces room.

I really hope she is okay as I feel like this is my fault for not watching her properly.

Pete POV

I walked into Graces room and what I saw deeply upset me. My poor sister attached to all kinds of machines and wires. I felt tears slip from my face and fall onto Graces body. I sat on the chair beside her bed and held her cold hand in mine.

" Hey Grace if you can hear me please listen to me. I need you to come back to us now so I can see that amazing smile. I miss you. I miss you." I said to her. I got up and walked over to the door when I headd coughing. I turned to see my sister alive. I ran over to her and hugged her tightly never wanting to let go.

"I thought we weren't ever gonna see you again." I told her,  tears streaming down my face. She reached up and wiped them away.

" I've still got some fight left in me yet." She reasured me. The nurse came in and was shocked that Grace was awake.

" I don't know how you got her awake but thanks for that." The nurse said.

"Well I ain't gonna let my sis ignore me for too long am I." I said acting modest which earnt a lighthearted slap on the arm from Grace.

" Well Grace from what we can see all the fluid has drained from your lungs so get changed and your free to go. You will still need to be on pills to stop you from dying but other than that you are free to leave." The nurse told Grace and Graces face grew into a giant smile.

" Yay I can leave this antibacterial hell hole." Grace said extremely excited. I handed her a bag of clothes and left her room. I turned to see all the guys on their phones. Well all but Patrick who had his head in his hands.

"Hey Patrick what's up?" I asked him as I sat down next to him.

" It was my fault. If only I had watched her better then we wouldn't be in this mess." He said tears on the verge of slipping from his eyes.

" Trick if it wasn't for you like the nurse said Grace wouldn't have made it today. You saved her life and I couldn't be more grateful." I said.

"If you say so." Patrick replied.

" I know so. You should have seen her face as she woke up. She looked so happy to know she had at least another day of fight left in her and you did that you let her have those days back. So thanks again for that." I told him.

" No problem. Can I ask you a private question?" Patrick said.

" Yeah." He whispered it in my ear. I was shocked at what he had said but then I whispered back in his ear... Yes!

Hi guys. Comment what you think Patrick asked Pete and you will get a mention if you guess correctly. Also well done to @ClareLikesChicken for guessing that the reference in chapter four was The Fault In Our Stars. Also check out her books as they are amazing. Stay awesome.

- FallOutGirl19 -