Chapter Twenty Three

Grace POV
I woke up and looked around. I was still here.

"IM STILL HERE!" I said tears of happiness falling from my face.

The door suddenly flung open and all the guys ran in.

" What's wrong? " Pete asked worriedly.

"Nothing. I'm still here." I stated.

" Well I can see that Grace." Pete said.

" Can I walk around the hospital now." I asked Pete.

" I'll need to check with the doctor but I don't see why not." Pete told me.

" I'll go and get him and ask him." Pete said and he then walked out of the room.

" So how are you feeling? " Joe asked.

"I've felt better I guess." I replied.

" Oh." Joe said.

" Hey Grace the doctor said you can walk around the hospital but you have to walk around with your medicine stand thing." Pete told me.

" Thanks Pete." I said winking.

" Seriously give it a rest." Pete said.

" Nope." I replied.

" Do you want or need any of us to come with you?" Andy asked.

" No I'll be fine but thanks for the thought." I told Andy. He smiled at me.

A doctor walked in and unhooked me from a few of the machines but kept me attached to the medicine stand thing.

I thanked the doctor and he then walked out.

" Bye guys. I'll be back in a while." I said as I left.

I walked through the ward which was full of cancer patients such as myself. I was near the end of the ward when I suddenly saw the children's cancer ward. I walked in and tears formed in my eyes. There were so many little innocent children with such a life debilitating illness. I felt a tug at my hospital gown and I looked down and saw a young girl and boy.

" Hello." I said to them kneeling to be at their height.

" Why are you here?" The boy asked me.

" You can't just ask the young lady something like that." The girl said to the boy.

" No its fine. I'm here because I have cancer but I can't be cured. Today is my last day." I told the children.

"That's really unfortunate." The girl said.

" Why are you two here if you don't mind me asking." I asked.

" My sister has leukemia and like you she can't be cured. This is her last day the doctor said. Me and Mommy are here to look after her because Daddy died from leukamia when we were younger." The boy told me.

" Well you are both brave little soldiers and I bet if your dad was here he would be so proud of both of you and I bet your Mommy is very proud of you both. How old are you both?" I asked.

"I am 6 and he is 7." The girl told me.

" Well I hope you enjoy your last days with each other and cherish them." I told them.

" Okay. Goodbye miss and I hope you enjoy your last day." The little girl said.

" Bye." The boys said.

I began to walk back and that was when the tears fell from the safety of my eyes.

I finally reached my room and by this time the tears were falling fast.