Chapter Twenty Two

Patrick POV

I grabbed the thing I was looking for from the car and I began to walk over to where Grace and Hayley and Brendon were. As I approached the bandstand I saw Hayley and Brendon kneeling on the floor. I bet they have found a cute bunny or squirrel. As I got closer I saw it wasn't a bunny or a squirrel but it was in fact Grace.

I ran at full speed over to them and I saw before she closed her eyes. She said

"Goodbye my love."

She thinks she is dying. Oh no. She can't die. I pushed past Hayley and Brendon and knelt by her beautiful body.

" Call an ambulance." I screamed at no one in particular.

Brendon got up and pulled out his phone to call the ambulance.

I shook Grace.

" Wake up babe. Please wake up." I sgo crying. I watched my tears fall onto Graces non moving body.

" They will be here in a few minutes." Brendon came over and told me.

" Thanks man." I said.

" No problem." He told me rubbing my back.

Hayley lent on my shoulder and wiped away my tears.

I heard voices from behind us and I saw that it was the paramedics.

Me, Hayley and Brendon frantically waved trying to get their attention. They ran over to us carrying a stretcher. They placed my Grace on the stretcher and carried her away to the ambulance.

Me, Hayley and Brendon ran over to the ambulance.

" Can I go with her?" I asked the paramedics.

" Yes of course." The paramedics told me.

" One of you drive my car there please and the other take the car you both got in here at." I said throwing my keys at Brendon.

" Okay dude." Brendon said.

" Thanks. Meet you there." I ssid climbing into the ambulance.

Hayley and Brendon nodded and ran over to the cars they were taking.

The doors of the ambulance were closed and we were on the way to the hospital.

We were half way there when suddenly I heard a loud, long continuous beep telling me that Grace wasn't fighting.

" Grace baby please wake up, stay with me. If not for me then do it for the guys. Your brother would be heart broken." I said my head in my hands tears falling onto my jeans.

" We have a heart beat. It's weak but it there. Hurry up or she may not make it." The paramedic said to the one driving.

"Well done Grace. Keep up the fight. Don't give up." I told her proud of her for fighting through the hard part.

We soon arrived at the hospital and as soon as we got there Grace was rushed out of the back of the ambulance and pushed through the hospital. I was running just to keep up.

She was then put in a room. I tried to walk in byt the door was slammed on my face. I st outside her room and pulled out my phone.

I scrolled down to Pete's number and pressed dial. He picked up instantly.

" Hey Patrick. How did the date with Grace go. Shouldn't you be back by now." Pete said excitedly.

" I'm at the hospital." I said bluntly. I wasn't in the mood for bullshit excuses. Pete has a right to know where his sister is.