Chapter Twenty Four

Pete POV
I awoke to find a still and lifeless Grace. She was as white as snow. I placed my fingers onto her fragile wrist to confirm my worst fears and I felt no pulse. My heart sunk as I realised that worst fear had been confirmed. I had lost my beautiful young sister to such a horrific disease. I hope she felt no pain as she had already gone through enough pain.

" Grace please wake up. You can't die on us. We still have so much to do." I said shaking Graces body gently. My tears soaking her hospital gown.

Six doctors ran in and began frantically trying to resuscitate my darling innocent sister.

I continued to stand by her side whilst the doctors attempted to help my sister.

" Sir I'm sorry to tell you this but she was long gone. She died just after you left her. I'm so sorry." A doctor told me.

I held her fragile body in my arms and kissed her forehead. Graces body was so light. My tears fell down my face and landed on her cold, pale face.

" Please don't go..." I whispered into her ear.
" Please stay." I pleaded.

The doctors made sure that I had said my goodbye and they then wheeled her away to prepare her for her funeral. I was never going to have said my final goodbyes but I guess this had to do.

I felt like a part of me was missing. She was the other half of me and without her I am nothing.

I never wanted to see the day where I have to tell people how that I used to have a sister.

I followed the doctors out of Graces room and I stood in the never ending corridor.

My legs gave way from beneath me and I fell to the ground in the middle of the corridor.

I watched as the doctors took away my other half. The best thing tjat ever happened to me, Grace Hazel Wentz.

I held my head in my hands and continued crying.

" GRACE!" I shouted hoping that this was a horrid joke thay she was playing and that she would run down that corridor with her amazing smile.

" GRACE!"

I shouted and shouted until I couldn't shout anymore. Holding onto the hope that Grace would run back to me but it never happened.

She never came back and she never will.