Such a baby!

Avni Malhotra

I saw Veer running towards the door in a hurry.

What is wrong with him?

"Veer!" I called him but kept running forwards.

Maybe some important work came up.

I went towards the lawn where everyone was playing holi.

I saw Ruhi playing around with everyone.

I am sure going to miss them!

Mihir came towards me and drenched with water.

"Mihir!" I yelled and he ran away.
I was going to run behind him when suddenly Ruhi came and hugged my legs.

"What's wrong, Ruhi?" I asked seperating her from my legs and bending at her level.

"You are going to leave me?" She asked pouting.

"I have to. But I am going to miss you a lot!" I said pinching her cheeks.

Please, don't make me cry!

"Why? I don't want you to leave!" She said stomping her foot and running inside.

"Ruhi!" I called her but heard Aunty's voice

"It is not only Ruhi. Everyone of us is got used to you. No body wants you to leave Avni." She said approaching me.

"You guys will miss me for a week or a month maybe then you'll forget about it." I said with a sad smile.

"But I don't think, I can risk staying here any long. It is the truth. This family, this home, these do not belong to me. Maybe someday i would get too attached and then what if I will have to leave this?
It is going to be difficult then. The sooner the better!" I said and walked inside with tears in my eyes.

I don't think I have it in me to stay here knowing that I can never belong to a happy home, a happy family.

Not because I am jealous.

But because when I see them together, I want to belong there right between them as a part of them.

On the top of it, the more I stay with Veer the more my feelings are getting stronger.

I Can't!
I just Can't!

I freshened up. The holi party was done. We were all having a leisure time sitting in the living room but Veer has not returned yet.

Where could he be?

He is not even answering his calls. I tried a numerous times.

Just then the door bell rang and I said
"I'll take it."

I opened the door and there stood Veer fit & fine.
I heaved a sigh of relief.
But something seemed wrong.
He was standing there in a very disheveled state.
He looked at me and at that very moment I knew something is wrong.

"Veer! Where were you all day? You were not even answering my calls." I asked him worried.

He got inside without replying to what I asked and walked towards his room.

"V...!" Ruhi called him but Veer did not stop and kept walking upstairs.

What's wrong with him?

"Maybe he is tired, Ruhi. Let him rest." Aunty said to Ruhi.

No he is not tired. I can make it out!
He is stressed about something.