Why me?

Avni Malhotra

I was just going to enter Veer's cabin to drop some files but then I heard someone yelling.

"You cannot behave like this with me!" Trisha yelled on the top of her voice.

God this girl!

"You do not teach me that! Now get the fuck out of my cabin!" I heard Veer say and I gasped.

Why is he talking to her so rudely?

She is his fiance! He wanted to get married to her!

I knew it!
Something is definitely fishy!

"Why can't you just accept the fact that we are getting married? It will be better for you!" Trisha yelled.

"Leave right now!" Veer said and I flinched at his sharp tone.

He is fucking pissed!

When I heard footsteps approaching I just shifted aside. Trisha left the cabin stomping very angrily.

I opened his cabin door and entered. He sat there on his chair with his head held in both his palms frustratingly.

I just kept the files and was going to leave considering the fact that he is already pissed.

I turned around to leave and then I heard him call my name softly.
I looked at him and his eyes showed nothing but pure frustration.

What is he frustrated about?
Why is he marrying her if he is this frustrated?

I went behind his chair and started massaging his temples.
He kept his head on the headrest of the chair and closed his eyes sighing.
He looked somewhat relaxed now.

He held my hand and took me towards the couch, made me sit over there and kept his head on my lap.

I kept on massaging his scalp.
"Are you okay?" I asked.
His eyes were still closed but he replied
"No."

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked him. I know he is disturbed and I do not want to put him in more miseries by asking if he is not ready to talk about it.

He snuggled in my stomach and and held my waist.
"She is a fucking pain in my ass!" He said groaning.

I just chuckled at him.
"I thought you knew what were you getting into." I said to him.

"I know! But then — Ugghh— Nevermind!" He said and got up from my lap.

"Let's leave for lunch. I am hungry." He said changing the topic.

I did not push him further to answer and agreed with him.

We all were having lunch in a nearby restaurant and ofcourse as usual Mihir was busy irritating Veer and Veer was doing the only one thing he is absolutely pro at and that is glaring with such intensity that Mihir would turn into ashes.

Just then our order arrived and the waiter served me. I just looked at my plate and I saw too much tomatoes.

I just made a face seeing that.

I hate tomatoes!

"Still the same brat!" Veer said rolling his eyes at me and shifted his plate a bit towards me so that I could shift my tomatoes to his plate.

I grinned at him and gave him all the tomatoes.

He knows me too well!

"Seems like you guys are already married!" Mihir said and I started coughing vigourously.