What a sight to watch!

Veer Singhania

I just peeked my head out of my blanket and saw her lying half on the couch and half on the floor.

I am here because I chose you!

I am chosing you since forever!

I don't know if it is the same for you.

For once, I wanted you to choose me but you didn't!

Her words were ringing in my ears.

Stupid brat!

I got up and walked towards her only to see that she was fast asleep.
After talking shit like that and taking my sleep away, she is literally sleeping like a log.

I just chuckled at her.

I picked her up in my arms and put her on the bed again.

She stirred in her sleep and a few hair tendrils fell on her face and she was scrunching her nose in sleep because of that.
I softly removed those away from her face.

Her face was glowing in the moonlight and she looked soo beautiful.

How did I get this lucky?

But why does she think that I've never chose her.

Well, when have you? Do you even remember one single time when you did choose her?
Mocked my conscience.

I just groaned as sunrays hit my face.
Yesterday night because of the fight I totally forgot to close the curtains.
I turned around away from the window and saw the other side of the bed empty.

"She is up already?" I muttered to myself.

I don't know how to react when I see her.
I mean I am kind of mad at her that she thinks like that about me but then it is really not her fault.

Ughhhh...!

I just got up groaning and did my morning business.
When I went towards the dining room everyone was seated over there smiling and laughing.

But what caught my attention was that Avni was blushing.

Did I see that right?

My own lips curved into a smile seeing her all red due to the blush.
I just went towards them and then heard Tanu saying "Arnav, now you will have to search for someone. Avni is already hitched."

"Damn it, Avni. Why did you choose my brother out of all the people? I mean am I not charming enough?" Arnav asked showing off his dimpled smile and I scoffed to gain his attention so that he could stop hitting on Avni right before my eyes.

"How many times do I remind you, she is a year elder to you?" I said taking my seat beside Tanu on the dinning table.

"What if she wasn't a year elder to me? You would've let me keep her?" Arnav asked me wiggling his eyebrows.

"Are you even listening to yourself? Let you keep her? Never!" I said glaring at him.

Then my eyes travelled to Avni who was sitting beside Arnav looking as beautiful as always. But today she looked something diffrent with the vermillion on her forhead and nupital chain around her neck. She looked more gorgeous.