And the same smile!

Veer Singhania

"Raghav....What is the progress with the drug dealer?" I asked Raghav.

"I have also put our private investigators to work if we could get any crucial information. We need to put the drug dealer behind bars as soon as possible." Mihir said.

"Actually... I don't think we should rely on the police. Even I will activate my sources. He has a younger son too. Maybe we could get something out of him." Raghav said.

When is this going to end?

"Veer...Calm down. For now everything is in control. He won't attack now when his son is in the custody." Raghav said.

"I just hope so." I said rubbing my forehead frustratedly.

Just then someone opened Raghav's cabin door. I had my back but I could smell strawberries.

It is Avni.

Strange, how you know it is her just by the fragrance.

"Good Morning everyone! Here is your coffee." Avni said giving us our coffee cups.

Much needed!

"Thanks! You know I come to his office every morning only for your coffee." Mihir said grinning and I rolled my eyes.

"Adnya is going to have your head on a silver platter if she hears this." Avni said laughing.

She took out a tie from the drawer and Raghav stood up so that she could make his tie.

Not Again!

"You guys can carry on with this when we leave you know!" I said rolling my eyes.

"You sound almost jealous!" Raghav said wiggling his eyebrows.

"But Avni how did you learn to tie it? I mean you never needed to tie a tie." Mihir asked.

And at that very moment we both looked at each other.

"It was because of him." She said in a low voice. Still looking at me. None of us breaking the eye contact.

Flashback

  I have a meeting today. My first meeting. My first project. And I am hell nervous. And this freaking tie! I don't know how to tie it.

And on the top of it, I don't know where Avni is! I need her coffee right now!

Just then the door bell rang and I hurried towards the door.
"Good Morning!" She said smiling.

"Where were you?" I asked closing the door behind her.

"I took both the shifts yesterday. So i could be here today. Sorry, I am late." She said and smiled.

She made her way towards the kitchen and started making coffee.
"Why did you not make your breakfast? You cannot always wait for my coffee V!"

She started yelling on me. I just sat on the kitchen counter looking at her smiling.

"What? Now what are you smiling about?" She asked shoving the coffee mug in my hand.

"I was hell irritated since morning. Just one smile from you and that is all I needed to get off my grumpy mood." I said to her while sipping my coffee.

This is like an everyday routine. Her making coffe for me and me sitting on the counter talking to her.

"Are you ready for the meeting?" She asked.