Why is she doing it?

Veer Singhania

Knock
Knock
Knock

I groaned and got up giving up my precious sleep to open the door for whoever who was at the door banging it.

Rubbing my eyes I opened the door and saw Ruhi standing there with a cute frown on her face. I just looked at the clock and it was already 9 a.m.

Shit!

I slept late last night because i was preparing for a meeting.
I looked at Ruhi again and she was standing there hands folded before her chest and giving away angry expression.

I picked her up and kissed her cheek.
"Good morning my little trouble." I said to her.
And she just whined.

"I'll get late for school if you don't hurry up V." She said pouting.

Well let me introduce you to my Little trouble.
She is my 5 year old niece. My older brother and sister-in-law passed away in a plane crash when she was only a year old.
Since then Me, mom, dad and Tanvi gave her all the love she would have from her mom & Dad.
She is pampered by all of us. Even Raghav & Mihir have spoiled her.
And yes, She doesn't call me Uncle because I taught her to call me Veer but when she was young she couldn't pronounce it. So she calls me V.

There was one more person though who called me that.
But let's not go down that lane.

"Just give me a few minutes and I'll be there." I said keeping her down and she bounced towards my bed and made herself comfortable on it.
.
.
.
We were seated in my car and Ruhi was telling me about her new made friend.
"You know V, she looks like a princess. She is sooo nice." She said

"You did not tell me your new made friend's name." I said because I was shocked. She is a very reserved child. She usually does not talk to anyone and makes no friends.

"I don't know her name. She became my friend yesterday. She gave me choclates also yesterday." She said beaming.

I smiled at her. I love her a lot and I just want her to be happy like this always. She was the reason I came back to Goa from Mumbai and set up Singhania & Co. headquartes over here. Since then my business is just flourishing. I was a no one just 5 years ago I started with a small office in mumbai and now my business is spread almost in every field all over the country.

We reached her school and I got down opened her side of the door and picked her up. I kissed her cheek and said "Take care. I'll come to pick you up. Okay?"
She kissed my cheek and said "Okay... V ." I put her down and waved her byee.

I heard a familiar voice.
"Do not do any mischiefs today Ruhan."
This voice sounds too familiar.
I just turned around and looked at a girl wearing a baby blue jumpsuit and waving a boy byee.
Her back was towards me. I wanted to see her face. Her voice sounds like someone.

Then my phone rang. I just shook my head and got those thoughts out of my head.

Get a grip Veer!
She is not here!

I left Mumbai without seeing her for one last time. Because we had a fight. And I was on my ego trip.

Ugghh... Veer! Shut up! Stop it!

I put on my sunglasses and started the car. I reached office a bit late. I entered my office and saw Trisha sitting on the couch.
I just rolled my eyes at her.