Damn you, Avni!

Veer Singhania

I just looked at Avni who was standing at the door and sighed.

I almost lost my shit when I saw the chandelier falling over her. I started walking towards her and she was walking towards me. For the first time in my life I was reluctant to go to her and yank her towards me to hug her until she suffocates. I could see the reluctance in her eyes too.

I don't know what is going on with me and it is really difficult to figure out because I am marrying Trisha and exploring feelings for Avni will only frustrate me to no extent. But I know one thing and that is her mere existence in my life is enough to keep me sane.

"Veer." She called softly. I looked at her getting out of my trance. She looked as if she is been crying all this while.

I frowned looking at her.
"Why'd you cry?" I asked holding her hand and making her sit on my bed.

"I don't know. I just felt like crying!" She said shrugging.
And I smiled shaking my head at her.

I sat before her kneeling took her hands in mine and while caressing her knuckles I asked her "Are you fine? You are not much hurt are you?"

She shook her head in a No and smiled.

"Are you fine?" She asked.
"Now that I have seen you, Yes I am." I said smiling.

She smacked my arm lightly and just shook her head.

"Why were you looking at me with that look in your eyes when you slipped the ring in her finger?" She asked.

I sat beside her on the edge of the bed.

Now what do I answer to this. When I don't know what was I feeling.
When I was getting engaged to Trisha ;

Suddenly, I was having one of those moments that you have after losing someone .

When you feel like you've been kicked in the stomach and all your breath is gone and you might never get it back!

"There wasn't any look in my eyes, Avni." I denied looking at her.

"You pretend like you are made of granite. But when you are not trying, I can see the velvet in you." She said chuckling.

Only you can see it!

That is where everything goes wrong!
She sees through me as If I am a transparent wall. She just knows everything without me mentioning anything.

"I don't know what is it that is making you do this but remember one thing, I am going to stop this whatever drama that is going on, If I find out it is against your will. Which I am very sure of." She said with a determined look.

"Avni, don't create more problems for me. As it is I have too much on my plate." I said looking away.

"Can we please end our cold war? I don't think I can take it any more." I looked at her hopefully after saying this.

"You said I am nothing to you." She said looking down fiddling with her fingers.

You mean a lot to me!
No words can describe it!

"You are a precious part of my heart and that is where you are always going to stay." I said to her raising her face to face me by holding her chin.

Her eyes were filled with unshed tears.
She kept her head on my chest and put her arms around my neck. I immediately put my hands around her waist and started rubbing her back.