I fell for him!

Avni Malhotra

I was busy looking out if all the dinner arrangements are done properly or not when Aunty came in and asked
"Avni is everything okay over here?"

"Yess, Aunty don't worry everything is ready we just need to start with the engagement now." I said and smiled at her.

She was fussing over little things because ofcourse it was her elder son's engagement.

Though it was a very small function only in the families, Aunty wanted to make sure everything was perfect.

The Ahluwalia's were welcomed by Singhania family and there were just 6 of them.
Mr. Ahluwalia, Trisha, her Uncle & Aunt and two sons of their uncle & aunt.

The function started and as soon as I saw Veer entering the lawn I had this giddy feeling.

He looks so handsome!

He looked at me and his eyes held numerous emotions which I couldn't point out.

I don't know maybe I am thinking too much into it. But I know one thing for sure that he is not marrying her out of love. There is something more to it and I am definitely going to dig in it.

The engagement started and I was having this uneasy feeling in the pit of my stomach when I saw the both of them talking on the stage.

What is wrong with me?

Snap out if it, Avni!

She side hugged him and kissed his cheek.
And I just looked away with tears brimming in my eyes.

Bad idea!
Staying back for his wedding was such a bad idea!

The rings were given to them and all the time Veer's eyes were on me. And I was ofcourse looking at him. I didn't had it in me to look away from him. I just wanted him to stop this engagement drama.

But why?

Then she slipped on the ring on his ring finger and tears were threatning to come out of my eyes but I wanted to be strong.

Why am I crying?

He was never mine to start with!

I don't know why! I had this strange pain in my heart just by thinking that he was going to slip the ring in her finger.

I don't even know if it was because I didn't want him to get engaged to Trisha or because I wanted to be in Trisha's place.

Absurd, I know!

But I don't really know why am I feeling whatever am feeling right now!

I know for a fact that my feelings for him did resurface again but this time it is too strong!

I don't want to fall for him!
Please!

But when he took the ring and was looking at me all the time while slipping the ring into her finger. That very moment I knew the answer to all my questions.

His eyes were glossy mine were filled with tears. He completely slipped the ring in her finger not even once breaking our eye contact. And that very moment I lost my control and a tear rolled down my cheek.

Because I got the answer to my previous questions.

Unfortunately,
I did the same mistake twice.