Chapter Seventeen

"Anger is a signal, and one worth listening to

"Anger is a signal, and one worth listening to." - Harriet Lerner

(When describing scenes that include right and left sides/limbs of bodies, the anatomical position is used. If you are unaware of the anatomical position, please search it up beforehand to avoid any confusion.)

Alia walks into training centre three with Liam by her side.

She had taken a shower and a short nap after returning home from her Gamma's announcement and removed the lingering scent of nature on her skin from the days before.

They both wear athletic training clothes, matching the individuals around them as they walk deeper into the facility. The air is cool as it wraps around their warm bodies. Air conditioning units can be heard throughout the entrance of the building along with the faint sound of music coming from somewhere further in the facility.

It's the first day of the next two months.

Liam guides her to an oval-shaped reception desk. The centre of the oval contains a few staff members, some on chairs behind computers and others conversing with pack members. Liam talks to a teenaged male and gives him the necessary information to allow the pair to continue into the facility. Most of the staff are young and seem to be in their late teens and early twenties. Name badges are on the right side of their chest with their staff role embroidered above on their black uniforms.

Alia looks down at the smooth granite reception desk and her mind drifts to the Trials. She isn't sure if she wants to become a General or not. The aspects of the position are... unclear to her. She'll have to do some research back home when she finishes training. Whatever the result, she'll continue to train alongside her new pack mates because not only is training an appealing activity, but Alia wants to be able to prove herself to the pack.

Alia looks up to see the male handing Liam two small keys. A female staff member walks over and hands Liam four towels, two small and two large, before turning back around to tend to other pack members also surrounding the reception desk.

Liam offers the seated male a quick thank you and motions for Alia to follow him with the tilt of his head. She perks up and gives a small smile to the boy behind the desk before following her companion in the direction of... somewhere?

The boy's cheeks gain a pink tinge as he watches the unfamiliar female walk away, enthralled by her beauty.

Alia takes the two towels handed to her and one of the small keys. "The key matches one of the lockers in the changing rooms." Alia looks down and sees the numbers 702 engraved on both sides. "There are signs outside each room telling you the range of locker numbers it contains."

Liam takes a sharp turn and pushes open one of the glass double doors with the side of his body, leading them into an empty stairway. "I'll take you there now."