Chapter Fifty-Three

"I want her to melt into me, like butter on toast

"I want her to melt into me, like butter on toast. I want to absorb her and walk around for the rest of my days with her encased in my skin. I want." - Sara Gruen

Alia's back slams into a wall before Valen's mouth is on hers. The coolness against her back is a stark contrast to the heat his body brings as he presses against her in the unlit hallway of his home.

His scent is everywhere, all-consuming, and it makes Alia's body burn even more. She wants to be covered in his scent until it's all she can breathe.

Valen's hands are strong, latching onto her skin as her inner thighs press against his waist, ankles crossing behind him. Alia's fingers run through his hair, pulling his mouth closer to hers as their tongues move against each other.

Valen groans against Alia's lips, sound vibrating down her spine as his touch turns ravenous. Alia pants against him, feeling light as the lust flowing through her body reaches a level she can barely withstand.

One of his hands roughly grabs her ass, tugging her hips into his. A sound of pleasure rushes out of her as the friction between his combat trousers and her training shorts is almost enough to throw her over the edge. Her shaky hands release his hair, moving down to his abdomen to try and create some distance between their hips. With every breath, his body rubs against her and it makes the pit of her stomach fill with violent butterflies.

It's becoming too much. She can't—

A hand grabs both of her wrists, pinning them above her head. Valen pulls away from her mouth, heavy breaths brushing against her neck as he tells her, "Oh, Alia. I'm going to make you feel much more than that."

Alia's voice is almost a plea. "I don't think I can take it."

"You'll learn."

Alia's body is pulled away from the wall, wrists released. She wraps her arms around his neck, face heating at his words. He carries her to his bedroom, which is gently lit with sunlight peeking through the drawn curtains.

The layout of the room is almost identical to Alia's, but before she can take a better look, her back finds Valen's bed. He unwraps himself from her hold and moves back to stand at the foot of the bed. Alia makes a sound of protest, hating the loss of his warmth— his touch.

She lifts her body with her elbows, heart racing as she watches her mate's every move.

Crouching down, Valen begins untying her white shoes before slipping them off alongside her socks. His hands are gentle when he lifts each leg, golden gaze meeting Alia's every few seconds.

"Your eyes are gold," she tells him, completely mesmerised. It's like every time he's with her, like this, the colour changes. And after their time in Dytikos, Alia suspects gold to be her new favourite colour.