Chapter Seventy-Nine

"Love and possessiveness are the divine twins like body and mind, born together, live together and die together

"Love and possessiveness are the divine twins like body and mind, born together, live together and die together." - Sir P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar

10:04 pm

Blood stains the grass outside Valen and Alia's home, Artur's headless corpse completely devoured by the black wolf who sleeps by the door.

The moon shines down on Valen's tired frame, his bleary eyes half open as he steps past Fenrir and enters the home. It's been a while since he's felt this tired, and he suspects it may be due to being away from his mate for the past five hours. Or it's because he spent the previous night and early morning wrapped in her sensual embrace, tasting her skin as she grabbed his. Whatever the reason, it's made his entire body feel heavy with fatigue and the only thing he wants to do is close his eyes and fall asleep.

Softly closing the door behind him, Valen sighs and tilts his head to the side to relieve the tension within his neck. His eyes close briefly in the dark hallway, Alia's scent filling his chest and calming his soul. He places his keys on a small table next to the door, his motorcycle helmet occupying most of the surface.

Slowly, he begins removing his shirt as he moves towards the bedroom. Alia's quiet, even breaths reach his ears, and it makes a soft smile appear on his face. When he steps through the doorway, he closes the bedroom door behind him and finds his mate's sleeping form occupying the bed they share.

One of his grey t-shirts warms her body underneath the duvet, his scent covering her skin in a way he truly craves. He moves around to the other side of the bed, his slightly blood-stained shirt tossed to the side before he makes work of removing his combat boots and trousers. The room remains dark whilst he strips, the only source of light peeking from the edges of drawn curtains.

He doesn't have the energy to brush his teeth, nor does he care about washing the scent of blood off his skin. All he wants is to get into bed and sleep next to the woman he loves.

When he gets under the duvet, he wraps his arms around Alia's body and pulls her towards his chest. She doesn't wake when she curls into him, a deep sigh leaving her when his warmth seeps into her skin.

He remembers the words she spoke before he returned to Cirion, and he remembers the restraint needed to not give in to them and disregard the town completely. But it seems neither of them have the energy to follow through with the tempting tryst, even when they crave each other's touch as if it were the same as breathing.

 But it seems neither of them have the energy to follow through with the tempting tryst, even when they crave each other's touch as if it were the same as breathing