Chapter Ten

"Truth waits to be found

"Truth waits to be found. It searches for no one." - Suzy Kassem

Ink as dark as night and carved so gracefully against ivory paper, the written words gleam underneath Alia's jade irises

' ... come find me.'

Surely, for she is no longer in pain, she doesn't need to search for him... right? No, she must. He clearly knows what happened to her and from what she can interpret, he must have been involved.

Alia can't help but wonder how. Did he poison her? It must have been accidental, she speculates. She wouldn't have received a letter if it were anything otherwise.

Or does her second theory come into play? Or, are both theories completely ludicrous? She won't know until she finds him... Valen.

A small chill travels up her spine, serving as a stark reminder of the warning Christian gave her earlier. But, there was something else, something more in that silent reaction and she struggles to find out what.

It is still morning, the sun has come out in full view and beams it's bright rays of warmth onto the people below. The letter is placed onto the nightstand to her right, folded and back in the envelope. She must get dressed.

In minutes, Alia has changed into a pair of jeans slightly rolled up at the ankles, a form-fitting, white top with some black, chunky Doc Marten boots on her feet and a matching black, denim jacket over her shoulders. Deciding on letting her hair remain down, she swiftly exits her house and walks towards Liam's. If she wants to actually get anywhere, she'll need Liam's guidance and memory of Tuesday, so it seems, will serve testament to that.

Green grass flattens under the weight of her boots, creating a lingering record of her movements. A fresh difference to the grey, concrete paths and asphalt roads she grew accustomed to at her old estate. This place is absolutely beautiful, natural and she loves every inch of it.

The roads were a remnant of the times when humans used to also roam the lands. Now they cease to exist, their species eradicated by order of the Seventh King, Sorras Derrik. A horrendously cruel man. Alia relishes at the thought of him suffering within the deep pits of hell. Burning, screaming, just as his victims did.

Reaching Liam's front door, Alia knocks three time's and takes a step back, glancing absentmindedly at her surroundings.

The door swings open and she turns to smile at the man.

"What's up?" He asks, leaning against the doorframe with his arms crossed. A lazy look covers his face, as if he'd just woken up.

"Did I wake you?" She frowns.

"Not at all, just tired." Liam assures her, knowing the girl will feel bad if she knew the truth. He was sleeping, but it didn't matter because he needed to get up anyways.