Chapter Forty-Seven

"One day you'll call me Death

"One day you'll call me Death. For now, Wrath will do." - Kerri Maniscalco

Valen's gaze snaps up to meet Alia's. The heat within his golden eyes takes her breath away, and she finds herself inching closer, hand leaving his chest to find its way towards the nape of his neck. Her fingers latch onto the black strands, anchoring herself against him as she moves her mouth closer to his.

Drawn towards her, Valen's fingers dig into her waist in an attempt to restrain himself. He reluctantly removes his thumb from her lips, the now clenched fist moving to reside on the left armrest.

A vein protrudes from his neck, jaw clenched tight. The strain in his resistance has Alia's lip quirking up, teasing. "My apologies," she whispers, soft breath brushing against his lips. "It seems I'm making things difficult for you."

He closes his eyes for a moment, left fist tightening with every passing second. "Extremely."

She lifts her head off of his shoulder, feeling mischievous. "Should I return to my bedroom?" Her eyes are level with his lips. "I could always try sating my desires without your" she pauses, looking at his clenched fist, swallowing at the sight of his attractive veins, "assistance."

Something flickers within his gaze, and then his left hand finds Alia's hair. Tugging her head back, neck taught and bared to him, he leans towards her ear as her breath begins to shake. His voice is low, threatening. "If you so much as leave this room, no respite will find you when we return to Rosía."

Alia's eyes flutter closed, body trembling when his breath brushes against the mark on her neck. Respite? Respite from what?

"I will follow you up those stairs," his voice turns primal, "and fuck you until sunrise."

The sound of his voice, the dominance of his touch, all of it has tension building between Alia's legs, the pit of her stomach filling with an almost sickening lust. The grip she has on his hair is released, and she slides her hand down his chest. The hard ridges of his powerful muscles have Alia's brows furrowing, lower lip between her teeth as she fights back a sound of arousal.

Respite from him. The temptation to run into her bedroom causes images of what could be to flash through her mind: Their bodies grabbing onto each other, starved and ruthless.

She doesn't need rest — she needs him.

"And then I'll have to burn this house to the ground. For the thought of another laying in the bed I pleasured you in is something I will kill to prevent." He tugs her head back further and Alia's eyes snap open, a needy gasp filling the air between them. A rumble fills Valen's chest, vibrating against her hand and body as a growl is restrained within him. "So, behave, because I can only resist so much."

"Fine," she breathes. "Fine, I—" she groans when his heated mouth finds his mark, fingers grabbing onto his shirt. "Fuck, I-I... I won't go to my—" Her back arches when he begins sucking the sensitive skin, thoughts straying as she curses loudly. Valen's right arm remains around her waist as he leans over her, bending her body flush against his. "I- I'll go... I'll—" she cries out when Valen's teeth nip at his mark, wide eyes finding a warping ceiling. Quick breaths leave her, head light as she struggles to withstand the pleasure running through her.