Chapter One

'Family don't end with blood, boy

'Family don't end with blood, boy.' - Bobby Singer

Year 2358.

"Come on Alia, you're better than this!"

Alia scowls, her uncle Darian has been at her back all morning. She had been caught preparing a bag of essentials to take with her on her trip to the King's castle tomorrow morning.

Alia walks around the kitchen in athletic clothing, in the home that she shares with her uncle, and pulls out various vegetables, liquids and proteins and places them on-top of the island counter. She gathers the materials and begins to prepare a protein shake. Darian follows close behind.

Alia's head begins to ache. Why is he doing this? Why now? She knew Darian knew of her malice towards the King. Hell, even he hated him! She thought, that out of all people, he would understand and clearly, she was wrong.

"That's the thing, Darian." She sighs, turning to face the only family she has left. "I'm not."

Darian Stroy stood at five foot and eleven inches and was seventy five years old. Due to werewolf ageing, he still looks to be in his early-to-mid thirties; healthy brown hair, brown eyes and a very strong, built body. His sun-kissed skin complemented his physique, accentuating the large and powerful muscles adorning his body.

He is one of the strongest and most skilled Commander of the Throne, who's role in the Pack is to train the Warriors of the Throne for any oncoming battles. Due to rightly placed precautions, they trained daily and intensely, which she was no stranger to. Her Uncle's brown tousled hair and deep brown eyes gave the illusion that he was soft, but he definitely was not. Darian Stroy was a Machine, creating the strongest and most proficient Warriors that could slice through anything and everything thrown at them, prospering in battle. Granted, he is a non-ranking wolf, but he is granted just as much respect, if not more, as the five Delta's in the Pack.

The King, who is the Alpha of the Lycanthrope Kingdom, runs the pack Alia and Darian reside in, the Pack of Vasileís, and has Gammas running every other pack in the Kingdom. There is only one Gamma in each pack and they can appoint five Deltas as their advisors on what was going on in their located areas. Deltas can appoint many other non-ranking wolves with roles to help them manage their areas of the territory, yet they cannot rank another individual. Only Gammas, The Beta or The King can appoint ranks onto a wolf, but this is useless in nowadays terms of things as ranks are born into.

Most wolves live up to around one or two centuries and continue to look their prime; the body fully stops ageing at seventy years of age and it allows finding a Chosen Mate much easier as age differences are disregarded. This also means that when one half of the pair died of natural causes the other could go and search for another Chosen Mate.

Alia despises the idea of claiming someone who wasn't made for her. Chosen Mates cannot be marked, their bodies reject the claim and grant them excruciating pain for going against the Lunar Goddess' wishes. Alia will find her Fated Mate and she would love only Him, bearing His mark for the world to see.