Chapter Fifty-Four

"A gentleman holds my hand

"A gentleman holds my hand. A man pulls my hair. A soulmate will do both." - Alessandra Torre

Alia's eyes are locked on Valen's, transfixed as he licks his fingers clean. A low rumble forms in his throat, a feral spark flashing through his heated gaze. He removes his fingers from his mouth, lips carrying the scent of her arousal.

The sight of him tasting her makes her body thrum with a primal urgency that she can't ignore. She needs him, and she needs him now. So she grabs his face and pulls his mouth to hers. His tongue carries remnants of her sweetness, tempting her to taste him as he did her.

Reaching between their bodies, Alia's fingers make quick work of unbuttoning Valen's trousers. She unzips him, feeling how a tremor travels through his body when she nears his thick erection. She tries to push his trousers down, but her hands feel weak, mind dazed by the way Valen kisses her: thumb in front of her ear, fingers weaving into her hair as he angles her head towards his, allowing him to kiss her deeper than before.

Sensing her struggle, Valen pulls away and uses a hand to push down his trousers and boxers before kicking them off completely. When he moves back to his position above her, Alia's abdomen fills with dagger-like nerves, and before she can stop herself, she says, "I-I've never—". But her words trail off, hating how she feels fearful towards something she desperately wants.

The unspoken plea shines in her eyes, resulting in Valen leaving a kiss on the corner of her mouth. "I'll be gentle," he murmurs, hand guiding his tip to her entrance. He runs it between her folds, coating himself in her arousal before leaning down to her ear, and adding, "At first."

Slowly, he pushes himself inside of her, stretching her walls whilst her body tries desperately to accommodate him. Alia sucks in a breath, lips parting when he reaches a part of her she never knew existed. She grabs his sides, nails pressing lightly to his skin whilst she tries to ground herself. But when his hips press flush against hers, the shaky exhale that leaves her mate's mouth intensifies every sensation he provides her, leaving her high on his presence.

Alia meets Valen's gaze again, reading the question in his eyes as if it was written on his skin. The discomforting sting between her legs is evident, but she can bear through it. Seeing him above her, like this, outweighs any sort of pain she might feel. So she nods her head, calming the concern in those golden eyes.

But then Valen begins to pull out of her, and Alia worries if he's changed his mind, if he's decided he doesn't want to do this anymore. Her nails press harder into him, desperate to keep him here with her, but not hard enough to bring pain. A plea almost passes her lips, mind distraught at the thought of losing his warmth.

Valen thrusts forward.

The speed of him filling her causes Alia's head to drop back, a gasp sounding in the air between them. The pain begins to shift, opting to turn into something more intense: pleasure. One of his hands wraps around her neck, thumb pressing on the base of her jaw to make her look him in the eyes.