Chapter Forty-Five

"To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves

"To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves." - Federico García Lorca

Valen pulls Alia closer, his strong left arm wrapping around her body as she revels in the feeling of his lips on hers. Angled towards him, his fingers are gentle but firm in her hair, holding her in place as he kisses her deeper and deeper. Their breaths intertwine, bodies warm from each other's touch.

Never before has Alia felt this. This need, this desperate desire to grab him and be underneath him. She wraps her arms around his neck, fingers weaving into the soft black strands of his hair. A low groan comes from Valen, and his hands move to the island counter as Alia wraps her legs around his waist. The sound makes her stomach flutter, filling with a craving to hear his voice as she touches every part of him.

Mate.

Alia pants with need, heart racing as she clings to him. Cracks form on the island counter, zigzagging away from Valen's large hands as he leans forward. All she wants to do is inhale his scent, she wants to drown in his touch as he holds her, kisses her. Her head feels light, drunk on his presence as she thinks of him, and only him.

Mate.

Lifting Alia off of the island, Valen's hands hold her against him as her legs tighten around his waist. She burns at the feeling of his abdomen against her, the friction arising from each of his strides causing her to whimper against his lips. The lengths of his fingers dig into the bottom of her thighs, grip tightening as he moves upstairs.

Mate.

A pressure invades her mind, turning into a soft caress as Valen's voice finds her conscience. 'If you make that sound again, I'll fuck you against the stairs.'

Fuck, Alia breathes. Do it.

Seconds after he kicks a door closed behind them, the softness of a duvet finds Alia's back. Valen's scent is everywhere, enveloping her in the comfort of his presence. Her tongue brushes against his sharp canines, hands moving to caress his face as his body presses against her. Alia makes a low sound in the back of her throat, the feeling of his hips against hers causing her mind to go haywire with an aching lust.

Gods, she wants every part of him. She wants her skin covered in his scent, a representation of his claim.

A warm hand travels down her side, grabbing the back of her knee to hook the fallen leg back over his waist. Valen pulls away from her swollen lips to trail heated kisses down her neck. A breathless exhale escapes her as her back arches off of the bed, chest pressing into him as his canines graze the vulnerable skin.

Valen's voice is low, darkened by desire. "May I?"

"Please," she pleads. Mark me, she tries to tell him, unable to find his mind. Claim me.