Chapter Fifty-Six

"I would kill every single person in the world if it meant I could have you

"I would kill every single person in the world if it meant I could have you." - Dolores Lane

It's been forty minutes since Valen left Alia in his home, and his absence is affecting her more than she thought it would.

As she lays in his bed, skin bare and limbs tangled in his bed covers, Alia gazes at the streams of light sneaking their way through the curtains covering his window. Glimmers of dust particles shine within the warm rays. She tries to let each flicker distract her mind, but it's useless.

Valen is all she can think about.

An ache travels through her fingers, tingling with the need to touch his skin. To have his warmth seep into her like he's her lifeline.

She sighs, fingers momentarily gripping the bedsheets as she tries, again and again, to fall asleep. But his scent is everywhere, and she can feel the ghost of his touch on every inch of her skin. It's taking over her mind, and having her scent mix with his in this bed is about to make her call out to him just so he can return to her.

In an attempt to calm herself and sate her mind, Alia chooses to replay the moments before his departure just so she can visualise him again:

One of his hands brushes through her hair, eyes on hers as she lays in his bed. He's crouched down in front of her, fully clothed in his Titular uniform. His hair is damp, black strands dropping onto his forehead in a boyish way that makes Alia sigh with a warm gaze. Her scent's been washed off his body, and it takes everything in her to not reach for him again.

His eyes drift to her lips, but he doesn't kiss her. Having her scent on his lips would stun every wolf he walks past, and it would ultimately reveal that there's something between the pair regardless of them seeing Valen's mark on her neck.

"I'll be back soon."

Alia nods gently, hands clenching into fists to stop herself from caressing his face.

"If you need anything, talk as if I'm in the room with you." His eyes don't leave her lips. "I'll hear every word."

Again, Alia nods whilst her eyes try to memorise his white ones. Then she watches as he stands and leaves the room. The sound of the door closing rings through the house, and it does nothing in filling the emptiness she now feels inside her chest.

Alia brings the covers to her face and frowns into the soft fabric.

She misses him.