Chapter Seventy-Three

"I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth

"I could not tell you if I loved you the first moment I saw you, or if it was the second or third or fourth. But I remember the first moment I looked at you walking toward me and realised that somehow the rest of the world seemed to vanish when I was with you." - Cassandra Clare

Sweat beads on Valen's skin as he gently pushes himself inside of Alia, large hands moving down her waist before stopping on her lower back. She lays on her front on the bed, one leg stretched out behind her with the other bent at her waist. Her white-knuckled hands grip the bed, hair sticking to her skin.

Valen breathes deeply behind her, upper chest and shoulders flushed after hours of having her. His golden eyes trail down the curve of her spine, her trembling body and silent words making him lick his lips with a smirk.

Moving his hands to rest on either side of her, he leans down towards one of her ears, breath warm against her skin. "What is it, baby?" Alia's grip tightens, face pressed into the bedsheets. He nips at her ear, one hand gliding down her side before moving in front of her pelvis. He lifts her up against him, pushing himself deeper inside of her. "Can't take it?"

Their bedroom is dark, sunset starting the moment they left the training centre. The thought of resting left them when Valen grabbed Alia's face and kissed her the moment they entered their home.

A mixture of a whimper and a whine is muffled by the bed, and it makes Valen wrap his hand around Alia's hair before tugging her head back. Her mouth is parted, neck and cheeks flushed with strands of her hair sticking to her skin. The needy desire in her green gaze is blatant when she meets his eyes.

Valen's voice is low when he says, "Use your words, Alia."

She swallows, tongue moistening her lips. "More."

Pulling back with a deep exhale, Valen loosens his grip on her hair and moves his hands back to her lower spine. He adjusts himself behind her, still buried deep within. Leaning forward slightly with his large hands pushing her further into the bed, Valen murmurs, "Good girl."

"