Chapter Sixty-Nine

"You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun

"You need to spend time crawling alone through shadows to truly appreciate what it is to stand in the sun." - Shaun Hick

Warm water trails down Valen's muscular back, deep scars scattered across his skin. Alia's finger traces one of the deepest scars, a jagged line across his right shoulder blade. A pale pink hue graces the marked injury, whilst the majority of his other scars are a pale white.

A frown mars the calm Alia feels in her soul, gaze moving to the bright red marks travelling down his back. Dark crescents indicate the previous location of her nails, rough scratches dragging down from each crimson curve. Her pleasure is written within every mark, heated body unable to handle the force of her mate whilst he took her against the tile wall.

Cracks zigzag across the white tiles, a testament to Valen's withering restraint when she took his tip into her mouth. His soft sounds of pleasure were an aphrodisiac, and her body responded ravenously. The scent of her arousal fuelled her mate's primal desires, eyes gold and veins prominent. One of his hands remained in her hair, fingers gripping her wet strands with enough force to make her scalp sting. But she welcomed the pain, one hand on his strong thigh whilst the other moved along his length. His other hand was against his mouth, a low groan  slipping past his lips when she took him in even deeper.

At one instance, Valen's hips bucked forward and it took Alia by surprise. Her eyes widened, throat aching at the depth of his thrust. Panic jolted through her chest for a quick moment, hesitant with her inexperience, but then she relaxed her jaw and steadied herself by placing both hands on his thighs, eyes shut tight. Both of his hands were in her hair by then, guiding her as her mouth moved up and down the length of him — unable to take him in completely. But instead of him thrusting into her mouth, Valen pulled back, scooped her up off the floor, and had her against the tile wall in a single breath.

When he entered her, it was rough, and he had to take a moment to gather himself before ravaging her. His hands were tight against her hips whilst he held her, verging on the point of bruising. Alia's knees were hooked over his forearms, legs unable to wrap around his waist whilst he pulled her flush against him with every thrust. Her hands grasped his back, nails tearing the surface of his skin whilst her pleasured cries filled the shower room.

She could barely withstand the force of each thrust when he slowed his pace to fuck her harder. It was like he was a feral beast, a line forming between his brows as he focused on using his powerful body to claim her entirely. Gods, she even had to bite down on his shoulder to prevent a scream from tearing out of her.

Valen's growling curses and grunts were muffled at times when he kissed and scratched her neck with his teeth, canines bared.

Now the skin is warm and tender, superficial markings continuing to carry his scent even as the water cleans her skin.