•Chapter 41•

"Lauren!" Emily shook me awake. "Lauren wake up we're landing!" she said again shaking my shoulder.

"Emily I heard you but don't shake me." I told her pulling away since I was still sore and in pain.

"Oh right sorry." She apologized. "I'm just really excited."

"And I'm not." I laughed looking out the window of the airplane seeing the city of Rio De Janeiro, Brazil came into view out of the clouds.

It was finally time for the Olympics, I could barely contain myself I was so excited. Just like my teammates we couldn't bring our whole families, so Aunt Sue and Emily came with me. I was sitting with Emily and Grace in one row while my aunt, Brendan and Grace's mom sat in the row next to us. Then in the row in front of us was Cleo, Madison and Ivy along with Doc and the other girls family members scattered around us, plus there was the Men's Gymnastics team and their families too so basically this whole flight was full of Olympic athletes.

Right before we left Uncle Tom and Andrew promised that they were going to watch every day, rooting for me, my team and the Dominique since she made the U.S.A Olympic team as well. Since the guys were home from tour they promised they were going to watch too, so basically they would go to my house with their families and watch with my uncle and Andrew; sadly though they would have to leave to go back on tour before I got back.

*

After we all boarded off the plan, got out stuff from baggage claim, the Olympic committee had a van set and ready to drive us to the Olympic Village where we will be staying. However, the village is extremely secure; only athletes, trainers/coaches and officials are allowed to stay in the village so we all had to say good-bye to our families while they were escorted to their rooms somewhere else on property.

Walking through Olympic Park it was incredible seeing so many people from different cultures. It amazed me how the world could basically put aside their differences for a month so we could have the games and participate, having a good time. Entering the living complex designated for all Australian athletes the whole main floor was filled with couches, TV's, pool tables, foosball tables, air hockey table, a crap ton of other games, a convenient store that was connected to the space and even a café! It was one giant lounge room, there was everything including a co-ed gym. There were already other Australian athletes roaming and horsing around the space and music was blasting over loud speakers.

"It's like one huge party." Cleo pointed out.

"Exactly, that's why all the floors are gender separated." Doc told us. Yeah he already warned us that a lot of athletes end up hooking up so we were basically warned by our parents to stay in our rooms.

Walking into our apartment there was an open living room with couches, a TV and a kitchen. There were two balconies since we had a corner room and there were then three attached bedrooms each had two beds in each. The whole apartment was simple and generic.

"Ladies." I said after we observed the room. "As Captain I say we jazz this place up a bit and make it known that the Aussies have arrived!" I proclaimed and the girls cheered.

Ripping off my backpack I pulled out multiple flags and banners I was given by other Australian athletes to hang out on our balconies. We were going to decorate the building claiming the territory for Australia. Grabbing the banners we ran out onto the balconies and started hanging up the flag and banners over the railing, cheering the whole time, making it know to any other athletes passing down below that the Aussies were here and we were here to stay.

***

***Michael's POV***

"Mate hurry up the opening ceremony is starting!" Calum called for me to join everyone else. We were all at Lauren's house watching the Olympics with Lauren's uncle and brother. I ran back over carrying my can of soda, taking my spot back on the couch.

"This is so exciting!" Mrs. Hemming's exclaimed. "How many times in your life do you get to say you know an Olympic athlete?"

"It's unbelievable!" My mum said.

"I'm so nervous and it hasn't even started yet." Andrew laughed.

We all watched the performance of the opening ceremony Rio is putting on since their host city. Finally the Olympic Parade of Nations began.

"Ladies and gentlemen please welcome the athletes of the Rio De Janeiro 2016 Olympic games!" the announcer in the arena spoke and a roar rang in the stadium.

See one perk of living in a country that starts with 'a' the athletes are presented early, Australia is the 11 country to be announced.

"And there they are the Australian athletes!" the presenter for Australia doing the news said as they started doing an overview of different athletes in the mass of players from Australia.

"And there she is, the girl everyone in the gymnastics world is buzzing about, the new comer Lauren Jacobs." One teleprompter said as the camera found Lauren walking with her teammates as she recorded the whole thing on her phone. The whole living room erupted in cheers over the fact they were talking about Lauren.

"It's actually quite interesting, she was born and raised in America and then moved to Australia with her siblings to live with her aunt and uncle." The other teleprompter explained. "She says she had full intensions on trying out for the Australian gymnastics team, but was held back because she wasn't an Australian citizen; she then quickly scrambled to take the citizenship test, passed with flying colors, allowing her to compete in the team trials and- was in fact- the first pick of the five gymnasts chosen to be on the team." He continued to explain.

"Hell yeah she was!" we all cheered.

"Exactly, you might what to keep your eyes on her; she is considered most definitely a contender and threat along with the other gymnasts." The original teleprompter added before the next country was announced and they started talking about that one.

"Oh my god they just talked about Lauren! Please tell me someone got that on video or something!" Mrs. Hemming's practically shouted.

"I did!" Andrew exclaimed waving his camera.

"I got it on my phone; I'm sending it to Sue now." Mrs. Irwin added.

"God these games are going to be amazing this year I can tell!" Mrs. Hood cried out.

"I'm so happy for Lauren, she really deserves this!" My mum added. I swear our mum's had to be more excited than anyone which was a lot considering everyone was ecstatic.

"It just sucks we won't be here to congratulate her when she gets back." I sighed.

"Don't worry mate we'll figure something out." Ashton said patting my back.

"Yeah at least she's not made at you anymore." Calum pointed out.

"Yeah." I smiled. I was really happy that Lauren wasn't made at me anymore, yet at the same time she didn't necessarily take me back yet; so technically we're still broken up.

"Come on our colored haired freak; let's watch our other colored haired friend win some medals!" Luke cheered while ruffling my hair and we all went back to watching the opening ceremonies. Still remaining completely proud of Lauren and blown away by her determination; she said she was going to the Olympics, and she did.