•Chapter 10•

***Lauren's POV***

I sat on my bedroom floor leaning against my bed. Benny was lying down next to me and his head was in my lap allowing me to pet him. Benny has known me the longest between me, Emily and Andrew, so Benny was the most protective over me and always knew when I was upset or sad. He was always there to comfort me back home after my dad would finish beating me and or go a day or two without eating. This time was no different even though it's been a few days since my argument with Michael. I haven't talked to him since, mainly because I'm always at school and practicing after words so I don't have time to talk. I see Geordie at school and she has given me some space and apologized for getting in my face about my past. She agreed that it was okay for me not to tell her about my past yet, and when I'm ready to tell she would be there to listen. We've been talking a lot more and we're becoming good friends.

My phone started going off for what had to have been the hundredth time today. I looked at it and saw it was Michael texting me, saying that he's really sorry about our argument and that he understands and wants to make it up to me. How could he possible understand? No one understands. No one knows the pain and suffering I went through to protect Emm and Andrew, I'm alone in this fight and that's how it's always going to be.

I ignored him not ready to talk to him or anyone. That had to be the best thing I was good at, pushing people away and shutting people out. I continued to sit on my floor in silence, petting Benny when there was a small knock on my door. The door lightly swung open and I heard it close behind the person.

"Hey" a familiar voice came from behind me, his voice was quiet almost to a whisper as if trying not to make a sound. I turned around to look over my bed and saw Luke standing there. I still see Luke every day because he drives us to school and he's in almost all of my classes, but the past few days I've been really quiet and haven't talked when I didn't have to.

I turned back around and I heard him walk towards me. Benny sat up ears pointed, he's been use to Luke over here almost every day to work on homework, but because I'm upset Benny's extra protective of me no matter who it is. I shushed Benny calming him down and he sat back down back to his position, with his head resting on me again.

Luke walked around so he was standing to my side and could actually see me.

"You're aunt let me in." he said. I looked up at him, and I think he could see the hurt in my eyes because the next thing I know he was sitting next to me and pulled me in for a hug. Honestly I love Luke's hugs; he gave awesome hugs that could make anyone feel better. Tears lightly started to roll down my cheeks. Why was I crying over this? This was something stupid; I've cried over much worse, this doesn't even compare to what I've cried over so why this, why now?

"Please talk to me." He practically whispered rubbing his hand up and down my arm trying to calm me down.

"It was Michael." I quietly said.

"I know."

"Why didn't anyone tell me that he was dating Geordie?" I questioned tears still filling my eyes.

"I don't know it just never came up, we were busy trying to get you to talk to us and become friends with you we forgot about Geordie."

"That's not an excuse." I wept, hearing that actually made it worse. "I actually thought Michael liked me and not having this small piece of information allowed me to develop feelings for him."

My phone started going off again; Michael was trying to call me now.

"You can't ignore him forever."

"I don't want to talk to him."

"Lauren I know you're mad but he really is sorry and he understands now." Luke tried to explain to me.