•Chapter 28•

Playlist:

Ready to Run- One Direction

Something Big- Shawn Mendes

I'm an Albatraoz- AronChupa (this song doesn't really go but I really wanted to use it.)

***Lauren's POV***

"Lauren are you ready?" my aunt called for me from the bottom of the stairs.

"Yeah hold on." I yelled back putting on my heels.

Today was my inauguration ceremony, where I'll be sworn in as an Australian citizen. It's been a good month and a half since I took my citizenship test because apparently according to the workers at the citizenship agency a few weeks mean a month and a half. I was so excited for today and the next few days to come not only because I was becoming an Australian citizen today, but in 5 days I'll be trying out for the Australian Gymnastics team and in 3 days Michael and the boys are coming home!

I stood in the mirror admiring my outfit. I was wearing more of a casual dress, or at least it looked like a dress it was more like skirt and top. The top was white that crossed across my torso and exposed a small triangle portion of my stomach and showed off my chest. Then the bottom was a royal blue high low sheer skirt with a gold metal belt and black high heels. My hair was down and curled, very simple and I wore chain earrings, and very simple gold eye shadow and black eye liner with lip gloss; I never wear that much make up so it was just enough.

I totally would never wear all this because I've never been that type of girl to ever wear this stuff. I just never felt comfortable wearing dresses or skirts or just nice clothing in general because I was either in leotards or practice cloths. Plus we didn't have a lot of money for me to go out shopping and buy nice cloths, which I honestly didn't mind. But I must admit, wearing these cloths I felt beautiful wearing it and I have never felt that way before. This was an important day in my life and I was going to dress properly for it.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door and I said it was okay to come in.

"Oh Lauren you look so beautiful." Aunt Sue said in awe as she opened my bedroom door.

"Thanks." I blushed.

"I have a surprise for you." My aunt said as we both sat down on the edge of my bed and she handed me a small box wrapped in wrapping paper. Unwrapping it and opening the box there was a silver necklace with a small silver anchor hanging off of the chain. It was beautiful, simple but meaningful.

"I love it." I commented pulling it out of the box and gestured her to help me put it on.

"They say that the anchor represents stability, hope and peace. The anchor allows us to keep a clear mind and stay strong and steady against the elements and the troubles in life. It is an emblem of good luck and people wear them for courage, safety and peace of mind." She explained to me while putting it on. "Even though you don't wear a lot of jewelry, I thought this would be good for you to have to remind yourself to stay strong and hopeful no matter what is thrown your way."

"I love it thank you." I said giving her a hug.

"I am so proud of you Lauren." She whispered in my ear. "You have done and accomplished so much since you've been here. You're determined and dedicated and I'm sorry for ever doubting you about anything." She told me and I could hear her trying to hold back tears in her voice.

"It's okay." I reassured her.

"No it's not." She said pulling away and whipped a tear away. "I got caught up in trying to give you a better life than what you had that I didn't fully realize the talent you have for gymnastics. I should have been encouraging you and building you up like your mom, but instead I tore you down and I'm sorry."