•Chapter 50•

Playlist:

Cinderblock Garden- All Time Low

Lay Me Down- Sam Smith

I Lived- One Republic

Clarity- Zedd ft. Foxes

***

***Michael's POV***

I've had my bunk to myself for the whole tour so far, so to have to share it with someone was almost startling when I woke up. I saw it was Lauren and that she was peacefully sound asleep in my arms, I gently brought her closer to me, remembering that she stayed with me last night. And no we didn't do anything so get your minds out of the gutter. As I started to pull her towards me because of my sudden movements of moving her she stirred in her sleep and started to wake up.

"I'm sorry." I whispered. "I didn't mean to wake you."

"It's okay." She gently stretched looking up at me.

It was quiet for a few minutes as we just laid there, but then I finally broke the silence. "Um Lauren, I was ah wondering if you would want to stay with us for the rest of the tour and live on the bus with us?" I asked her nervously. "The tour ends in October so if you wanted you could just stay with us for the rest of it."

"I'd love too." She smiled and then pecked my lips.

"Ugh can we just stay here." I sighed with content.

"I wish but it's supposed to be a beautiful day." Lauren pointed out. "We should do something."

"Well the mates and I have a day off today." I smiled. "And we were going to go sight seeing, want to come?"

"I'd love too." She smiled.

***

"Welcome to Arlington National Cemetery here's a map and please be respectful of your surroundings, thank you." The worker at the door entering Arlington National Cemetery welcomed us as we walked into the honourable environment. The mates, Liz, Lauren and her family along with Dominique and her family and I had been sight seeing all day visiting all the monuments and different museums around Washington. Arlington National Cemetery was one of the last stops.

"We should go to the Arlington House first, it has the most gorgeous view of Washington D.C. from there." Mrs. Carter, Dominique's mum, suggested.

"We have to stop by John F. Kennedy's grave first." Mrs. Court also suggested.

"Why don't we just start at the top and the work our way down and then before we leave we'll stop by Section 60, yeah?" Mr. Carter compromised and we all agreed, especially Lauren, Emily and Andrew.

***Lauren's POV***

Walking through the beautiful and quiet environment that was Arlington National Cemetery, it was actually nice to be here for a happy reason instead of a sad one. It was a bit of a cool, chilly day so I wore my mom's combat jacket. I carried and brought it with me everywhere, but something was up I felt like something irritating was sticking into my side but every time I went to moving it or see where it was coming from it I could never find it an it's driving me crazy.

"Alright there it is, Section 60." Mr. Carter guided us directly to the most important plot of land to me and my siblings.

"What is Section 60 exactly." Michael whispered to me as we got closer.

"Section 60 is dedicated land to those who have been killed in the Global War on Terror since 2001." I explained to him. "Most of the people buried here have died in the war zone over in the Middle East. My mom is buried here." I told him and he immediately understood.