•Chapter 8•

I was waiting for Emm and Andrew to finish getting ready for school. I had already finished eating breakfast and getting ready about 10 minutes ago this way I wouldn't be late for when Luke drove us to school. We don't live that far away from the school, but Luke explained to me that we actually don't live in the nicest town and that it's a smart idea to stay together. It wasn't like I was going to make many friends anyway so I shouldn't really have a problem. Luke and I have been texting back and forth for a few days now, we're becoming really good friends and he's been giving me tips on how to survive school and how to get on the teacher's good side.

I stood near the front door waiting for Luke to pick us up even though he lived right next door. I wasn't thrilled about going to school especially when I have to wear a uniform. I have to wear a white blouse with a red V-neck vest, a blazer jacket, a skirt (in the school's pattern) and black leather shoes with ankle high socks. My hair must be pulled back in a ponytail and I am forced to take out all my piercings.

I looked out the side window that's on either side of the front door and saw Luke waiting in his car, waiting for us. I walked over putting my stuff down in the front seat and apologized for Emily and Andrew taking so long. I quickly walked back inside a practically dragged the two of them out of the house so we could go. Andrew had to wear a green collared shirt, pants and black leather shoes and Emily had to wear a dress (in the school's pattern as well), black leather shoes and ankle high socks also.

The three of us climbed in the car and Luke pulled out of the drive way. He was wearing his uniform as well, consisting of the same green color collared shirt as Andrew, a red V-neck vest and blazer jacket like mine, pants and black leather shoes.

"I really hate these uniforms." I complained as Luke pulled into a parking spot and we climbed out of the car. We got to school early so I could make sure Emm and Andrew find their homerooms and so Luke could show me around.

"You sound just like Mike." He laughed.

"I could imagine why, these uniforms are terrible."

"Yeah well try wearing them your whole life?" Luke chuckled as we walked into the building.

After seeing Andrew and Emily got to their homeroom okay, Luke showed me around. I really wasn't going to have any trouble getting around the school. Luke was in all of my classes besides one which was my English class.

**

"Students we have a new student starting here today." My homeroom teacher, correction, professor- as they preferred to be called- Mr. Wilson announced to my Chemistry class.

"Will you please introduce yourself?" he asked me gesturing to stand up in front of the room.

"Hi I'm Lauren Jacobs." I said standing in front of the class. Everyone just sat back in their seats, staring at me, not really caring who I was.

"And where are you from?" he asked.

"America. Boston, Massachusetts to be exact." I replied and this sparked a somewhat small reaction from the class.

"Oh yes, otherwise known as the country that can't mind their own fucking business." A boy who sat in the back corner of the room commented and the room filled with some chuckles.

"Nick, watch the language." Mr. Wilson warned him. "Thank you Lauren, oh and here is your locker." Mr. Wilson added, handing me a piece of paper with the number, 2578 written on it, indicating which locker was mine.

I walked back to my seat behind Luke and continued on with class. I had to do this in all of my other classes as well, introduce myself. I followed Luke around to our classes and even meet a few of his other friends. Everything was pretty okay up until block 9. It was the only class Luke and I didn't have a class together. I took a seat towards the back of the class, trying to be the little anti-social person that I am. A few minutes after the bell rang, the kid from this morning, Nick strolled into class late.