•Chapter 45•

Hey guys sorry this took so long! But I finally updated! The video I attached with this update may not work on iPhones or iPads so you might have to watch it on the computer. Sorry about that. But enjoy this update and again sorry it took to long.

***********************************

I can't describe how it feels to be an Olympic champion, it's unreal. I've been working for this goal for countless years and the fact that I've finally done it, I still can't believe it myself. After yesterday's events on uneven bars, I didn't think I had it in me to continue on but I wasn't going to let that fall stop me; I had to push through it. I came to far to give up then and if I decided to drop out then I would be going against everything I set to do in proving that I'm not a quitter and I wasn't going to let a freak accident stop me; no matter how painful the fall was. It was also nice to see Dominique's reaction when I came in second after she didn't want me to compete after the fall.

After the award ceremony yesterday I was taken to infirmary and my ribs were not re-fractured but just bruised... Again, but I have one competition left, I'll survive.

***

Today was my last competition in the Olympics, the floor exercise final. I'm 3rd to start out of 8 which makes me really nervous because that means anyone after me has a chance to knock me out of medal contention.

Standing on the floor mat I was ready to start as one of my favorite songs Love the Way You Lie by Eminem started playing. Brenden got the Olympic producers or who ever to change my song so I could perform one of my "less intence" routines since I was sore and bruised from yesterday, but I actually gave them the song for one of my more intense routines, I wanted to be treated equally and fairly, no excuses and if I mess it up and can't handle it then it's my choice and I'll except it.

***

***Michael's POV***

"I can't believe you guys leave tomorrow." Mrs. Hemmings sighed hugging Luke in a tight hug as we all sat in Lauren's living room for what seemed like the hundredth time since the Olympics started.

"I'm going to miss you so much!" Mrs. Hemmings added as she placed a kiss on Luke's cheek.

"Mum!" Luke whined as his cheeks turned bright red from his mum embarrassing him in front of everyone.

"Where you guys going again?" Andrew asked us.

"The U.S of A." I told him.

"Are you guys going to Boston or Washington D.C.?" Andrew continued to ask us.

"Yep." Ashton said. Everyone started erupting in conversation about where else we were going in America to continue with tour.

"Hey Michael." Andrew whispered to me. "Can I talk to you real quick?"

"Yeah." I said as I followed him into the kitchen as everyone continued with the conversation. "What's up?" I asked him.

"Well when your in D.C can you do me a favor?" He asked looking nervous.

"Sure kido." I said ruffling his hair with a chuckle which put a smile on his face.

"When you go to D.C. If you get anytime off to go sight seeing or anything, if you go to Arlington National cemetery can you go to this grave." He said handing me a piece of paper, written on it was the number markings that would be on the back of a headstone with the name Sarah Marie Jacobs, their mum's name, written on it. "Then place these there." He said handing me an envelope containing different pictures of Lauren, Emily and Andrew and pictures of the medals their mum had earned in combat.

"Andrew-" I started but he stopped me.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but we live here now so we can't really go and visit her whenever we want. This has been something Lauren, Emm and I have been wanting to do since we first moved here and well we want it to get there anyway possible." He explained to me. "I'm smart enough to know that you may not be able to do this Michael, but it would mean so much to the three of us if you could."

Looking at the pictures I can across a copy of a picture of Lauren, Emily and Andrew with their aunt and uncle. I remember that picture mainly because I took it, it was a few days after we first meet Lauren, Emm and Andrew. I remembered back to when I first meet Lauren, she had been through so much and I told her she could trust us; well before I ruined everything. I knew that I had to at least try to do this for them.

"I'll try my best." I told him.

"Thank you!" He said giving me a hug.

"Mate it's starting!" Luke called us over, indicating that the final competition was starting.

"This is it." Mr. Court said as we all watched the last event Lauren was in at the Olympics. I'm still shocked that she's still competing after her fall on balance beam yesterday I thought she was done and the fact she still competed shocked everyone. I swear that girl is crazy, but I love her.

Watching the other two athletes go before Lauren. The beat to Love the Way You Lie by Eminem started playing and Lauren started her routine. She's such an amazing gymnast, I love watching her do what she loves. After what she went through to finally make it in the Olympics she deserves to be there, you can see it in the way she performs and executes that she loves it.

The buzz when off that Lauren had a minute left as she took one last deep breathe and started her last tumbling pass. Sticking it like always a huge roar came from the crowd. We all started cheering.

"That's one her best routines, I've seen her do." Mr. Court said.

"But there's still five girls after her." Andrew started. "Even if she get a high enough score to make it into first place, it better be a damn good score that no girl after her can get close enough to her's." He pointed out.

We all waited for her score. It was taking so long, I don't know why, it was flawless. Lauren kept walking back and forth with her eyes glued on the jumbo screen hanging above the arena. Her coach, trainer and additional teammate who was competing in the final were trying to talk to her and keep her mind occupied so she wouldn't worry, but how can you not when something takes so long. Finally Lauren's score came up, it was a 15.600. The biggest smile grew across her face like weights were lifted off her shoulders.

"Alright let's not hope anyone gets better than her now." Andrew commented as the rest or the gymnasts went. A few came somewhat close to Lauren's score but not close enough, the closest one is by Italian gymnast with a 15.290.

Watching the last gymnast go she was the previous World Champion in floor and as she executed her routine I could tell it would be close, it was flawless until the last tumbling past when she didn't have enough time to land as she fell down on her butt and bounced out of bounds. Gasps and awes filled the stadium as the girl got up to finish. There was no doubt now that Lauren had won her second gold medal now. No one was close enough to her score to beat her and this last gymnast who messed up got a 13.792.

"Well the scores have been confirmed and the gold medal goes to Lauren Jacobs-" the commentator said and we all cheered.

"She did it!" The mates and I shouted. They showed Lauren on the TV and she was hugging Brendan and crying. She started waving to the crowd as the audience cheered for her.

"I can't believe I'm related to an Olympic champion." Andrew said in awe. "She's living her dream."

"Well with two gold medals and two silver, I think it's safe to say the she definitely accomplished her dream." I clarified and everyone agreed. I can't say I don't either I mean I'm in love with an Olympic gymnast for crying out loud. She definitely proved me wrong from the first day I met her, she told me she was going to be in the Olympics and she did it.