•Chapter 20•

Playlist:

Complicated- Avril Lavigne

Anything Could Happen- Ellie Goulding

Wake Me Up- Avicii

***

Dominique came over to my house after the award ceremony for Worlds. My aunt and Uncle, along with Mr. Carter took Emily, Andrew, and Dominique's younger siblings, PJ, Margot, and Matt out for dinner and see a movie or something like that. I don't remember, all I know it that they won't be back till late this way Dominique can hang out by ourselves.

We were on my trampoline jumping and doing flips, wearing our medals; mine gold on floor and her gold on uneven bars. If anyone could have beaten me on bars I'm glad it was her. Taking a break from jumping we sat on the trampoline and continued to catch each other up on everything that has happened since we've last talked.

"I'm so sorry." She said.

"For what?" I asked.

"That, that rat bastard of a person you call your dad did all those terrible things to you." She explained.

"Yeah well, that's life." I said, becoming tired of talking about it. I guess Dominique could see this and she changed the subject.

"So Michael Clifford huh?" she said nudging me with her arm. "Out of all the people on this 'effing planet you happen to be neighbors with the one person who hast to be the most like you and be in my favorite band!"

"Yeah." I laughed. I still found it hilarious that Dominique likes 5 Seconds of Summer. Like I do too, but of course it just so happens that I happen to be neighbors with her favorite band.

"Well?" she asked.

"Well what?" I questioned and she rolled her eyes.

"Well" she exaggerated. "Are you two dating yet or what?"

"Me and Michael?"

"No you and Bigfoot, of course you and Michael!" she yelled sarcastically slapping my arm at my question.

"I don't know" I admitted.

"How can you not know?" she demanded.

"He's still dating Geordie." I said.

"Oh right." She said and blushed, embarrassed that she forgot.

"I mean Geordie's my best friend, I don't want to hurt her like that, but when Michael kissed me-"

"He kissed you!" she screamed. "Details Lauren! I need Details!" she demanded shaking my shoulders causing us both to laugh.

"Yes." I told her and explained everything that has happened from leading up to that.

"Okay you two need to date like right now! I'm now making it my life's mission to get you two together." She said causing me to laugh. She was so much like Geordie. Both persistent as hell, but I love them for that.

"Michael's your Garrett Lauren." She added, causing me to smile. Dominique and Garrett have been together longer than I can remember, two best friends who started dating, yeah that sounds like me and Michael.

**

Growing tired of sitting around I decided to show Dominique the garage, aka my studio, aka my get away. Whenever I stressed out, frustrated, or just need a distraction I come in here and do whatever I want, anything from dancing to doing homework. We started blasting our favorite artists and danced some of our old dance class routines. We haven't done some of these moves in so long, we both tripped and feel on top of each other. In the middle of a laughing fit at our clumsiness, we almost didn't notice the car pull into the cul de sac and my four neighbors get out of the car.