•Chapter 5•

The next morning I woke in my new room, almost having a heart attack that I wasn't in the right house when I remembered that this was my new life now. I sat up fully observing my new room. It was so much more than what I've ever had. Back in Boston we lived in an apartment with only two bedrooms, it being all my dad could afford and why I had to share a room with Emm and Andrew.

Looking around the room there were boxes and suit cases all over the place. Well I guess I know what I'm doing today, I thought to myself. I rolled out of bed and headed down stairs. The stair case lead to the foyer which connected to the family room, dining room and a hall way; the dining room cut through to the kitchen, the family room cut through to the living room and the hall way lead in between both the living room and kitchen. There was a sun room in between the rooms as well that lead to the back yard.

Walking into the kitchen I grabbed a bowl from the cupboard and a box of cereal for breakfast. That's when I noticed a note on the counter,

Lauren, Emm and Andrew we had to go to work today but we'll be back around 5 for dinner. Make sure you guys unpack and could you also take the mail in from the mailbox when you get a chance. Love, Aunt Sue

I forgot that my aunt and uncle actually had jobs. My aunt was a lawyer and my uncle was the head of a construction company, unlike my dad who could barely keep a job. I shook the thought off, not wanting to remains back to the thought of that bastard.

"Emm? Andrew?" I called for my siblings and got no answer. Their bedroom doors were open so they were up; I started walking through the house looking for them. I came into the family room and looked out the window and sure enough there they were both playing with Harry on their bikes in the middle of the cul de sack.

I walked out the front door, down the drive way to the mailbox, mean while still in my flannel pajama pants and Blink 182 shirt.

"You guys having fun?" I asked over to the three of them.

"Yeah" they replayed.

"Good." I smiled at the fact that I haven't seen my brother and sister smile so much in years.

"Did you guys unpack?" I asked Emm and Andrew.

"Not yet." They responded.

"Well Aunt Susie wants us to unpack so come do that now." I told them.

"But we're playing with Harry." Andrew whined.

"We'll he can help you." I mocked his whining.

"But just 5 more minutes." Emily added.

"Fine, but then then your unpacking."

"Okay!" The called back and resumed playing.

I made my way over to the mailbox to get the mail when a thick Australian voice came from behind me, scaring the daylights out of me.

"So you like Blink 182, huh?" the voice asked as I turned around became face to face with Michael.

"Uh yeah I guess. . . Well this was my mom's shirt, she liked them, but their okay I guess."

"Just okay?" Michael asked hurt, even though it was a sarcastic look.

"Well I listen to different types of music for gymnastics so it doesn't really matter to me." I explained to him.

"Well how do you feel about Green Day?" He asked.

"Oh god I hate them." I said and he became shocked and couldn't find a way to responded.

"Michael I'm kidding." I started laughing and he let out a sigh of relief.

"Good I don't think I could hang around someone who hated Green Day."